Not open for further replies.
Hello,

i get a lot of bluescreens under Windows 7

I allready had

BAD_POOL_HEADER
and
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

As attatchment, some minidumps

On this same pc i've also had bluescreens under windows XP (allways when I used sonicstage) but had never problems in linux.

Could someone help me?

EDIT: I've ran a memtest and had no errors

All minidump errors are 0x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER

A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device driver issues are probably the msot common, but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers.

All dumps cite the same Windows OS driver classpnp.sys. Normally OS drivers are too general to be of much help.

However, this one can lead us to some diagnostic steps This OS driver is for SCSI (Small Computer System Interface) peripherals and is most common for harddrives but also forCD/DVD drives, etc.

1. Do a harddrive diagnostics. Your HD manufacturer should supply a free utility in order to do so off their website. Do both short and long tests.

2. Update your controller drivers.

I've removed the ext2fsd driver, i think the problem is solved, I'm not sure yet but so far had no bluescreens

I've removed the ext2fsd driver, i think the problem is solved, I'm not sure yet but so far had no bluescreens

Thanks for getting back to us. Keep us up-to-date if you continue to have (or not) stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back