Bluescreen error on Windows 7

Duthie

ok, as topic mentioned im getting the blue screen error.

I try to run my computer and its givin me the blue scren saying

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL
if this is the first time youv seen this stop error screen,restart etc etc

Technical informtaion
STOP: 0X000000D1 (0X0000000000000010, 0X000000000000002, 0X0000000000000, 0XFFFFF8800014A35D6)

NDIS.SYS - Address FFFFF880014A35D6 base at FFFF88001475000. Datestamp 4a5bc184

Collecting data for crash dump....
Initilizing disk for crash dump...
Dumping Physical memory to disk 100
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your system admin for technical support group for further assistance.

OK so thats basically the message im getting, I cant restart only by turning off the power at the wall which is bad I know but what else can I do. I bought my Pc in PC World and they told me they cant help unless I bring it in ( Probbaly charge miniumum 90 euro). So I was wondering if I might be able to fix it myself from home with a little help?

Before the problem occured I was doing two things
1. installing Crysis 2, with disk still in machine and
2. I unistalled my norton 360 and was going to install the normal version ov noton which I just bought. Im guessin the problem has a lot to do with unistalling the norton. When I unistall the N 360 it told me to restart the comp and thats when the problem began.

I can run my computer in safe mode and get to the desktop but when I choose normal mode I get the blue screen.

I will scan your forum now for anyone else with similar problems and try and learn, but if anyone can give me help or guide as what to do be greatly appreciated.

I am on my lap top now and will be all night so any help be great. Also any more info I can get

Thanks
Duthie

0xD1 errors are usually caused by faulty drivers. Norton is notorious for leaving remnants of itself behind even after you do an uninstall. It is such a problem that the company had to create a special Removal Tool in order to make sure their software is fully removed from a system.

So go to their website and find the Removal Tool for your version of Norton and use it. Tell us if that resolves your issue.

If it does, we will then steer you to a much better security option.

route 44..

Hey, I got your reply via email but cant see it here.... but anyways I should go into safe mode and download this norton removal tool is it?

(Nevermind I see your reply now) edited*

OK so how do I get the removal software on my desktop now, I tried going into safe mode but I cant access the internet via safe mode to download it :( is ther a way around this? I also tried normal mode and networking mode but I got the blue screen error both times

No I cannot unistall cryssis 2 because it is giving me and erro sayin

The windows installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your suport personnel for assistance.

What else can I do ?

Use another system and download CCleaner to the desktop but don't install it. Now take a flash drive and transfer CCleaner exe. to it.

Can you boot into Safe Mode and access the desktop if you are not trying to access the internet? If so then transfer CCleaner to the desktop and run it. It has a better uninstaller than Windows does.

Let us know if you are able to make this step work.

Yes I can access the desktop but I cannot access my Flash drives/usb keys. This has been a problem on my computer for a long time which I could never get fixed(even before this blue screen error problem). :( If I had access to the internet and download it directly :(

I am on the laptop now trying to get around the problems. Anything else I can try

ok, Pure chance. I had Version V.2.32 CCleaner allready installed on my computer. From years ago. :) I have it installed now and im in safe mode.

Next step?

ok I think iv identified the problem from followin this thread on http://idlesun.wordpress.com/2010/02/08/windows-7-blue-screen-with-ndis-sys-error/

I have enabled and disabled unitil I found that this must be the device thats causing the error. As when I enable this one, vvvwallla....blue screen of death

- Atheros AR5006GS Wireless Network Adapter #2

So basically do I just leavin this disabled or do I try and upadte the driver or what? Could someone point me in the right direction as to the correct driver to download and how and where do I install it. I can now access my own desktop and internet in normal mode which means the problem is nearly fixed :D

No I purchased it from PC World, I have little to moderate knowoledge of that stuff. I went back and done a few things as you mentioned in the first steps there.

I used the norton remvoal tool,installed -removaled all norton 360
Installed the new version of Norton internet secuirty.
Downloaded CCleaner,ran it and used the cleaner.
Just need to know now the correct driver to download I guess is it? or what I do? :/

Everything is working fine now I have just left that - Atheros AR5006GS Wireless Network Adapter #2 disabled which I guess I should fix now

If this is a bought system like a Dell, etc. go to their website and find your exact system model. Then update their latest wireless/NIC offerings.

If PC World built this system then find the make of your motherboard, go to the manufacture's website and update the latest wireless/NIC drivers from there.

* Are you able to access the internet now that you have reinstalled Norton and ran CCleaner?

Yes I have done all them things. And it is working fine as if it was before the error occured...Just I left that one driver disabled. The main problem is fixed I guess

Thanks m8 and thank you aswell! :D I reckon the norton removal tool might have been very important also cause it is too much ov a coinsidence that the blue screen error occured directly after I uninstalled 360. So thanks for reccomending them two programs.

Success. Went too device manager>network adapters> and right clicked the problem driver and clicked update driver software and seems to have fixed the problem.

Driver enabled and no blue screen. :) seems like such an easy problem when you know the answers......just saved myself 90 yo yo's for getting pc world to fix it :)

Back