Bluescreen issue Stop 0x0000000A

Hello everyone

recently my system keep giving me this same issue (0x0000000A), already ran a memtest and chkdsk everything is fine

it happened usually when I stream a video or sometimes after windows booting

please help, and here's my minidump

Attachments

• Mini031611-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 2
Do you have any more minidump files? The one you attached did not give a definitive answer.

Also, we note that you are still running XP with Service Pack 2. We here at TechSpot strongly urge that you update to SP3 if for nothing else security measures.

I have personally worked with people here in the last 3 months that their issue was because they still ran SP2. I am not saying this will resolve your issue but it is a good step to take.

Please tell us more about your system, i.e. make, PC or laptop, how old, hardware, OS, and security installed.

thanks for the reply

currently that's the only minidump I have, since I just noticed yesterday the event log didn't get checked probably the system reset the settings

bought my PC around early 2007, OS windows XP SP2, the early nvidia 6600 broke so I replaced it with nvidia 7300 GT. antivirus is AVGfree + spybot

I encountered this bsod after I'm using AVG pc tuneup utilities 2011 just recently, think it messed up with my registry but I'm not sure

so I suppose I'll try to get more minidumps for more information

Uninstall everything AVG and tell us if you regain stability.

One other note: We here at TechSpot are not in favor of any utility that deals with the registry. We have have they do far more harm and very little good. CCleaner is fine.

okay uninstalled avg, system seems stable for the moment haven't got any bsod

I do have ccleaner and should've just stick with it *sigh*

I'll keep monitoring and report back if there's any issues (hopefully not), thanks for your help Route :)

Sounds good so far. If you continue to have stability we can direct you to free security options that are considerably better than AVG.

Sorry for the late reply

it's stable for 2 days of monitoring and just after a while I got another bsod.. here's the minidumps hopefully there's any helpful information

Attachments

• Mini031811-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini031811-02.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 1
1. Both are 0xA errors but nothing definitive was cited.

2. AVG may have left driver remnants behind. See if they have a special removal tool to make sure you have a full clean uninstall. Both Norton and McAfee have one because their software leaves remnant drivers behind if you only use the uninstall option that comes packaged with their software.

3. Update to Service Pack 3.

Yes on SP3. But if you don't want IE 8 just uncheck it and it won't load.

Avast is very, very good. Go with that.

Back