Borderlands 3 is currently free to download and keep on PC

midian182

Staff member
In brief: Whether you think the Epic Games Store is the best thing to ever happen to PC gaming or an inferior clone of Steam, it's impossible to deny that the platform has some great giveaways, the latest of which is one of Gearbox's best: Borderlands 3.

The Epic Games Store's Mega Sale kicked off on Thursday. As part of the deep discounts available on many titles, the company is giving away four games throughout the event. The first is Borderlands 3, which is available from now until May 26 at 11 am EDT.

Borderlands 3 was released in 2019 and hailed by many as one of the best games in the franchise—initial sales were the highest of the entire Borderlands series. As with the other entries, it's a first-person loot shooter where you can play alone or in parties of up to four people. It also boasts over one billion guns to play with. There's a lot of excellent DLC and extra content, too, though that isn't included with the free game.

Borderlands 3 has a Very Positive rating for 'All' and 'Recent' reviews on Steam, where it's still $14.99. So grabbing it gratis is a good move, especially if you're waiting for Tiny Tina's Wonderlands to drop in price—though it is reduced by 20% to $47.99 in the Epic sale.

Some other big discounts in the Epic Megasale include Ghostwire: Tokyo down to $39.59 and Far Cry 6 half price at $29.99. Be sure to check back in six days to discover the next mystery free game.

Permalink to story.

Borderlands was fun as long as you bought it early and had 3 other players to play with. What's the player availability for Borderlands 3 this many years in?

6,174 active players right now according to Steam charts. Curious what it‘ll be in the coming days.
As the game is free on Epic, the numbers reflected on Steam won't be any indication, if anything it might go down if existing users try to get their friends to play with the free copy on Epic, I grabbed a free license for the heck of it. I doubt I will ever play the game any more however, the antagonist are too damn annoying to listen to, after one play through I was done with them.

As the game is free on Epic, the numbers reflected on Steam won't be any indication, if anything it might go down if existing users try to get their friends to play with the free copy on Epic, I grabbed a free license for the heck of it. I doubt I will ever play the game any more however, the antagonist are too damn annoying to listen to, after one play through I was done with them.
It's cross-platform. Steam/Epic MP will work together. I think only Playstation is left out, but they were adding that last I heard.

I'll grab it, but the last few Borderlands games have left me pretty annoyed at how grindy they are, especially in SP.

Heck, didn't even finish the pre-sequel because I couldn't go through only the story without being underleveled (and just didn't feel like grinding to barely beat the endgame bosses).

I'll grab it, but the last few Borderlands games have left me pretty annoyed at how grindy they are, especially in SP.

Heck, didn't even finish the pre-sequel because I couldn't go through only the story without being underleveled (and just didn't feel like grinding to barely beat the endgame bosses).

Agreed man, I've hated all the available classes since the first two, so pre-sequel went unfinished I was beginning to make progress with Moze on 3, but as spaces became smaller, you can't swap the massive mech for an Elemental. All the other classes were just as boring a those on the pre-sequel.

And now they have the audacity to charge full money for an expansion pack?

The first and second entry to the series were fun. I do have to go on record stating that I hated Tiny Tina in BL2 and I hated her in all her other appearances in the franchise. The game series would have been much better without her.

The Pre-Sequel lacked the entertainment the first two had and the classes weren't that great. The game turned more, as you say, into a grind fest.

Borderlands 3 took the tedium to a whole new level. The game can only be played on normal until after you beat it and it was boring as F. Too easy. The story was forgettable.....I mean, seriously, I can't remember what the story was. I'm not going to play through the game again to get a challenge when it wasn't that great to begin with.

Meh, I have BL3. I didn't enjoy the story line in it. BL2 was way more enjoyable, especially with Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragons Keep.

Thank you for the info. I grabbed it immediately after reading this. I'm a big fan of Borderlands franchise. I've been waiting for discount and finally I got it totally FREE!!!

I love the first one, then its EPIC games
was forgot for their launcher
prnt.sc/mLjNbe0g_KBz
any cure?
tried a lot of things mentioned on the forums etc, its simple incompatible with win

Well as of the 26 it wont be free it will cost so why they say keep forever its not free for much longer and I only see 3 games it says 4

Back