Brink Benchmarked: GPU & CPU Performance Review

Radical suggestion for your CPU benchmark: How about you test something other than a dual GPU.

Guest said:
Radical suggestion for your CPU benchmark: How about you test something other than a dual GPU.

Because the dual GPU eliminates any bottle neck you might have leaving unbiased performance from the CPU

Did you experience any issues with the Radeon cards Steve? Been reading a lot of players having problems with the latest drivers and having to rollback to achieve playable framerates on systems that easily should be able to run the game.

Regarding the bugs, it is a bit disappointing that this game wasn't polished considering they released it early.

BlindObject said:
My game is stuck at 30fps. :|

It's locked, you will need to unlock it either from the console or edit your autoexec.cfg. Unless they have some V-Sync option that is on.

It should be something like:

set com_unlockFPS "1"
set com_unlock_maxFPS "200"

I can't test this since I don't have the game, but have used it with other id Tech 4 titles.

What about a fair benchmark, not one with Nvidia (mis)leading the chart with a unique dual GPU tested.I would benchmark a game only when drivers are mature and the game is final, not half-baked as you name it.

What about a fair benchmark, not one with Nvidia (mis)leading the chart with a unique dual GPU tested.I would benchmark a game only when drivers are mature and the game is final, not half-baked as you name it.

Fair? correct me if I am off my rocker here, but I think the point of the review was to show y'all what type of graphics horsepower you need (or don't need) to play a new release at various IQ and resolutions. I really don't think the point is a 'fanboy contest' A-La Green VS Red.
]What about a fair benchmark, not one with Nvidia (mis)leading the chart with a unique dual GPU tested

Misleading?...so you do not think that the 590 ran the game at 135 FPS at 1680 x 1050? He is making these numbers up perhaps?

Something tells me you didn't ***** when AVP came out and AMD ran it faster.....just a wild guess.

Yeah, it'd be nice to see a 6990 in there for the compare, especially since a 6950 outperforms a 570, at least it does at my res 1080p.
More importantly, why are there no SNB chips in your CPU compare; it's only like y'know the latest technology availible, nothing special about that right?

@Blind Make sure V-Sync is off in your options, you should be seeing improvements then. Or use those commands in the console (ctrl + alt + ~). What are you using to measure FPS? Fraps or the in game com_showFPS? I can't test any of these suggestions so if they don't work check out the Brink forums for other alternatives.

mosu said:

Not really misleading, Steve pointed out no crossfire support which includes the 6990 as quoted by Matthew.

Also to me it makes more sense releasing benchmarks now when they are most relevant to show hardware performance rather then after driver improvement which could take time and is expected from both companies anyway. Only exceptions in my opinion is if there is major issues and multiple cards cannot run a certain title properly.

Need to do this review with 9800GT. According to Valve the G92 and G92b cards are the most owned cards, and for a reason, solid performance for a very reasonable price.

Valve also says that 1080p is the most common resolution, so with the G92 cards you'd probably have to scale it back to 720p or 800p (if you have a 1680x1050 screen) and put the game on medium-high settings with 0 AA/AF

Hi,I am planning to buy a new GPU bw GTX 650 ti,GTX 560 and HD 6870..by looking at this benchmark it clarly proves that HD 6870 is best among these(even better than GTX 560 ti) whereas other sites say they are quite close....
Can anyone suggest which card to buy??

Back