BSOD:1000007e caused by camdrv41.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody! My computer starts well shut downs well=) However, when it is in standby mode for about a couple hours it reboots itself. After rebooting windows gave me error code 1000007e and a dump file I added at the end.

I installed debugging tools from microsoft website and able to open dump file. Says its probably caused by camdrv41.sys file which is my webcam driver I believe.

I wanted to have you proffesional's ideas about problem and wondered if there was something else wrong with my pc? Cause I didn't understand dump file exactly. I'm using Win 7 with latest update. oh, and I made it turkish with microsoft's mui pack. Maybe it has something to do with it.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 012610-23250-01.dmp
    140.2 KB · Views: 0
Do you have the software to reinstall the webcam driver?

Easiest thing is to uninstall it and then run for awhile to see if the problem still occurs or not.

Then you can reinstall and see if problem returns or not

I've uninstalled the driver and software for webcam. Now I'm going to reboot and leave computer open for 6 hours. After that, I'm going to post the results here. I'm wondering what if it's driver is incompatible with windows 7? Does this mean i can't use my webcam with windows 7. It's vital for me. I don't believe reinstalling the driver fix my problem. How can we solve this problem ?

BSOD problem is solved I believe. I left my pc open for 9 hours and no dump files created. Thank you for your help.
Is there anything we can do for my webcam driver?

Do you know the make / model of your webcam? Your best bet is download the latest driver from the vendor's website.

Based purely on the driver filename i'm guessing the cam and latest driver is here (but you need to double check/look for yourself as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back