BSOD: 1000008e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently built a new system, was running fine for a day or 2 now suddenly getting this BSOD

Vista info on BSOD 1
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 81E91FCA
BCP3: 9D66AA70
BCP4: 00000000

Info on BSOD 2
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C000001D
BCP2: 81E30AE6
BCP3: A0D3CAF4
BCP4: 00000000

Going to post up the Minidumps as well.. My current guess as to the issue is either the Audio driver or the Seagate hard drive i have running as a secondary

Help please :)View attachment 50511

View attachment 50512

Both errors are 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware and are especially a good indicator of corrupted memory. One in particular cited corrupted memory as your proabable cause. I know this is a new system but there are many incidents of new RAM corrupted right out of the box.

To make sure you'll need to run MemTest on your RAM. See this tutorial, follow the instructions: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html There is a newer version avaliable.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Took me a bit, however i replaced the ram , testing stability currently, had alot more BSODS along the way mostly 8E's
got a few driver irq errors.. and paged file in none paged area errors, both listing unable to access a memory address, so lets hope this solves the problem

I did get 2 117 errors along the way video card hardware failure or something along that line, however hardware diagnostics report it as working fine so im chalking that up to random luck with memory problems.. here is hopeing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back