BSOD caused by ntkrnlpa.exe...

Hi all I am facing some problem with my laptop

I am using windows 7... I am getting the BSOD frequently.... guys please help me to solve this problem.... I have attached the minidump file also...

Thanks
Geo

Attachments

• 050211-21434-01.dmp
    147.4 KB · Views: 3
Tell us the make of your laptop and how old it is. Also, have you been infected recently? Have you dropped it?

Your error code is 0x51: REGISTRY_ERROR. It is defined by Microsoft as this: Something has gone badly wrong with the registry. It also can occur when the system is trying to read the harddrive but unable to do so pointing to either impending hardware failur -- most likely the harddrive -- or their is corruption if the file system.

Thank you very much for replying....

So is there any solution available for this?

sometimes i even used to get errors like IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL , PFN LIST CORRUPT etc.... i dont have the dump file for those errors....since i have used ccleaner to clear everything.....

Okay, the error PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, errors we have citing corrupted memory. Do the following:

Run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

If you need more help there is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer that I gave. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

Thank you very much...I will do it and let u know the results....

just now I got a blue screen error I have attached the dump file.....

the problem is whenever I watches some online streaming videos I get blue screen error... otherwise its perfect working fine....

Attachments

• 050311-17347-01.dmp
    149 KB · Views: 1
Another 0x4E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT and this time it specifically cited memory corruption as your issue.

Similar problems, can you have a look?

Hello Route44.

This is my first time here, so sorry if I get it wrong. I am attaching 5 of my most recent crash dump files. The most recent one is a different BSOD I got after I updated my drivers with slimdrivers. I almost always get the BSOD when I am browsing with either Firefox or IE. I purchased a new 2gbKingston ram, but the problem came back again, although less frequent (if I don't browse online, but utorrent dosent seem to cause a crash).

Can you please help! Classes just started and I really need my pc up and running.

Thanks.

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    128.3 KB · Views: 7
@silenthill1998 - the most significant error code is 0x4E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT and this is the strongest error code we have that signifies corrupted memory.

However, before running Memtest the driver bckd.sys also comes up as not being able to load. This belongs to the K9 Web Protection software (I am very familiar with this software).

First try uninstalling completely K9 and tell us if you can stability particularly on the internet.

Wow! you really know your stuff!

Thank you so much Route44, no more BSOD when I do heavy browsing. I would never have thought that K9 would be the culprit.

You're a life saver.

If you're in Toronto I'd be happy to buy you a beer.

How about a Mountain Dew? :D

Anyway, K9 is a good product but they do have problems from time to time. I want to suggest to you that you contact them and let them know of your issues. It will help them in a better implementation of coding their software.

Also, if you ever need help in the future please go ahead and start your own thread. It will let people know that you need help. The only reason I was able to answer you was because I happened to answer the original poster and I was notified by email that someone answered the thread.

But seriously no harm done. I just don't want you missing out in any help in the future. :)

Mountain Dew

Route44,

Mountain Dew is great. I go to Ryerson a few times a week, I can meet you there if you want.

I sent K9 the information about the problem driver/BSOD.

Next time I will start a new thread if I have any other computer issues or comments.

Thanks again!

If I ever get to Toronto... :)

Anyway, please let us know what K9 says. It will add to our information base. Sometimes the issue lies with our security software and K9.

Back