BSOD Driver IRQ not less or equal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have a problem when I boot my PC.
The first 4 or 5 times I've got a blue screen with the message "driver irq not less or equal". I've already bought new RAM and replaced the old one but this doesn't help anything.
Can somebody look at the minidumps I have attached? Because I'm really despered and don't know what to do anymore.

Thnx already!!

Grtz Jan

Kernel-mode process or driver attempting to access “permission denied” memory location or an IRQL that is not less then or equal to it’s own value. This can be a faulty driver or failing hardware. The error will usually give details of the driver or a class of hardware (such as display device, disk adaptor) Uninstall the suspect software or in the Device Manager uninstall the suspect hardware.

First question to ask yourself is what changed. Have you added anything new, soft or hard ware? Another very common issue on this type of error on boot-up is a failing PSU. Can you give us spec of your power supply? Total Watts and the amps on the 3.3, 5 and 12V outputs please.

First of all thanks for the replies.

The problem was there already before I bought the new memory. When I remove the old RAM there's still the blue screen. So I don't think it's a memory problem.

A time ago I had problems with the RAID controller on the motherboard (ASUS P4C800) and this was replaced with the same type of motherboard. Nothing else changed...
I also reinstalled Win XP but still got the problem.

The specs of the power suply are:
300 Watt
3.3V -> 28.0A
5V -> 30.0A
12V -> 15.0A

Aren't this the power suply specs you meant?
I just wrote down the stuff I can read on the side of the power suply...

When I just bought this PC I had the problem when I played a game the PC just restarted. And that was because the power suply wasn't goodn we replaced it by this one...

the rest of the system specs:
P4 3Ghz
1GB RAM
ATI RADEON 9800 PRO
2x 120GB hard drive in RAID mirror
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe motherboard

Thnx and Grtz
Jan

The PSU spec is what I was looking, then I asked for the rest of your specs.
My eek comment was about how low that PSU was on the 12V rail, heck overall it's way under powering your rig. you must be having BSOD nightmares.
Did you go to the PSUcalculator link?

Yep the calculator give me 307W. So I need better PSU ?? And the +12V must be minimum 26A?? Then indeed 15A is not much :)

But I never had problems for a year or something. And now I have idd BSOD nightmares!! So do you think when I replace the PSU the problems will go away?
Or could it still be something else?

Many many thnx

Jan

Yes I seriously recommend a new PSU. Does it have to be 26A on the 12V rail, no but more never hurts. So if the psucal. gave you 302W you need a PSU with 30% more just to run safely with no real stress (therefore less heat and greater lifetime) on the PSU. Then I recommend some "growing room". Are you always going to have that video card? Will you get an upgrade of the CPU, etc, etc? My point is buy some headroom now while you're at it.

Yes I do believe when you replace the PSU with something that can handle your rig your BSODs will stop. It will be like a whole new machine.

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back