Bsod error 0x0000007b

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting this error on a new install on a brand new build. I am using a seagate 500gig SATA hard drive. I also have 2 SATA optical drives. Bios recognizes all 3, but when I try to install XP Pro, I get the bluescreen just after copying files. Does anybody have a fix for this, I would really like to use my new machine!

0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

Try running with just one SATA drive.

Are the drives correctly configured as Master-Slave?

Are the haddrives in the BIOS placed as first bootable?

Thank you for your suggestions.

I can't run with just one sata, because my optical drives are sata and are needed to install xp, I don't think sata drives have to be configured as master slave, and the dvd rom is the first boot device in bios.

I think that the fix is to install the sata drivers that came on the mobo disk when the xp installation calls for third party drivers. I have not had a chance to try this yet because I did not install a floppy drive in this computer. I will have to take the one out of my old computer to try it.

Has anyone else heard of this as a fix? I'd appreciate any comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back