BSOD error

Status
Not open for further replies.

basejj

hi i just built my first comp about 2-3 weeks ago and just lately ive been getting random blue screens saying PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA while im playing games and im wondering if anyone could help me try to short this out thanks :D

Hello and welcome basejj!

Please post your minidumps for analysis to determine what may be causing them. Please zip file(s); if you have multimple minidumps it would be even more helpful, as we'll have better chance to see what may be going on.

You can find them in C:\windows\minidump.

Lastly, you mean sort right? not short :grinthumb

Lol sorry about that I hit buttons I dont mean to sometimes

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    146.9 KB · Views: 2
Couple of these minidumps points at nvidia drivers; and one of them pointed at HID (Human Interface Device) class driver.

To start with, I think you should upgrade your drivers; for that, you must uninstall your current set of drivers and clean any left over stuff from it with driver cleaner (or something similar), then reboot and install the new set of drivers. Please keep things updated and let me know if I could be of any further help. Regards

ok it was working perfectly since i updated the drivers but today i just got a another blue screen saying a clock interrupt was not recieved on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval

Bug Check 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT bug check has a value of 0x00000101. This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval.

Cause: The specified processor is not processing interrupts. Typically, this occurs when the processor is nonresponsive or is deadlocked.
(Source: MSDN)

In plain words, essentially, one of the core has become either non-responsive or deadlocked, so the clock synchronization between the cores is off.

The process cited in the crash as source was svchost.exe (which is one of windows components).

Right now, I can think the hardware which may be causing this is CPU (overheating or other issues).

My suggestions are:

1. Monitor your system's temperatures (If you have OCed, revert back to factory default speeds)
2. Update your motherboard's BIOS, restore it to default settings.
3. Check your CPU with Prime95

Although, please remember sometimes none of these remedies may work, in that case I believe the conclusion would be that one of the cores on your CPU are bad, hence, you will have to get it replaced in warranty.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Regards

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f)
This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind
that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that
is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the
bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc)
Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these
traps are.

This error is related to Processor, as I stated in response to your earlier posts. Also, this same MS article says that:

This problem occurs if one or more of the processors in the computer:

1. Require a microcode update that is not applied by the computer's basic input/output system (BIOS).
2. Are damaged or defective.
3. Are operating outside their specified ranges for temperature, power, or other conditions.

However, this minidump contains 'memory corruption' as the reason as well. I'd suggest you to run memtest for minimum of 8 passes (more is better) to see whether is there an issue with your RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back