BSOD Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

notacompwizyet

I get random BSOD errors and I've been trying to fix it for about 5 days of nonstop software and physical testing. Here are my errors ( a "I" means I've had it more than once):

II 0x00000050 Ntfs.sys
I 0x0000008E iksysflt.sys
0x0000008E win32.sys
I 0x000000A
I 0x00000024
I 0x000000C2
0x00000050 mfesmfk.sys (mfesmfk.sys is apparently a mcafee driver)

I bought a new graphics card to make sure the graphics card on the motherboard wasn't causing the errors and that wasn't the problem so I am thinking about returning it if I need to buy something else. I also tested the SATA and IDE harddrives I have, both passed and they both get the BSOD messages. Both harddrives are running Windows XP Professional. I ran memtest on all 4 sticks of ram testing each port and testing the dual channeling, everything came back 100% clean, all passed. The only things I don't know how to test (I don't have these parts lying around) are my CPU and PSU. I have a Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz. I'm running 2GB ram dual channel with four 512MB PC3200 (DDR400 CL=2-6-3-3) sticks of RAM, (currently 512MB). I'm testing how long my computer lasts with just one stick of RAM, so far after 30 minutes it hasn't crashed or froze but today I only had the mfesmfk.sys BSOD error, other than that it just freezes every time I try to install SP3. Last time I installed SP3 with one stick it froze but I switched the DIMM and the stick of RAM, this is the longest my computer has run since the errors started, yet I haven't tried to install SP3 with this stick and DIMM. I'm posting this from the computer with the BSOD errors. I'll repost tomorrow morning letting you know of my computer installed SP3 correctly. This computer is custom made, is there any way to test the CUP and or PSU?

Thanks for your time,
Nick

(I have attached two minidump files but I didn't read that I was supposed to save them and everyone else seems to have about 5 or six in their posts, mine must have deleted themselves these are the only two in the minidump folder)

Are you sure those you list are errors? They appear to be memory dumps because of errors to me.
Do you have any yellow or red flags in your Device Manager?

If you convert your .dmp to .txt, you will get more replies, but I don't see any obvious clues in what you posted..

Those are all BSOD errors? Last night my computer installed SP3 all the way but when I woke up the screen was black and the computer was on. I could not make the screen come out of sleep mode (I'm assuming it froze so the monitor didn't detect any movement to turn it on). But my computer says it has SP3 so I assume it installed it correctly. Right now I am running on two sticks of 512MB RAM and my computer hasn't crashed for over 45 minutes. I really don't know what's wrong with it. Also my IDE harddrive won't boot, can't figure out why because it boots into safemode just fine, when booting normally it doesn't make it to the logon screen.before it restarts.

Inside the 2 MiniDumps:
(after changing the extension to dmp)
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, bf83033e, babc9c70, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys

BugCheck 50, {a665004f, 0, a66590f5, 3}
Probably caused by : mfesmfk.sys

mfehidk.sys: Daemon Tools

Please uninstall Daemon Tools from Add/Remove Programs
Note: This should have been done before Xp SP3 install

My computer doesn't have Daemon Tools installed at the moment, I used to have it a long time ago I think on my IDE harddrive (which I did a system restore and now it boots but still randomly crashes). The random crashes are triggered by something because when I try to install the sound driver it crashes halfway through the install. I can use Mozilla Firefox just fine and Windows Live Mail just fine. Anything more than that and I risk a random shutdown. Where did you find "mfehidk.sys"?

Run the Drive Fitness test of the manufacturer of your hard drive... run the long version. Every hard drive manufacturer but Toshiba has one.
The signs and symptoms described could still result from failed or failing hard drive or failed or failing memory module. Memtest86 could rule them out.
On issues like this, ruling out possibilities is helpful in boiling down the problem.

Yes

But I'd remove the file causing the fault.
Please search for mfehidk.sys (probably in c:\windows\system area) and rename it to mfehidk.OLD

My friend said it's probably the processor since I've already tested everything else (I already ran memtest86 before I posted here and I ran the hardrive test on both of my two harddrives). I can work on this computer as long as I want if I'm using Firefox and Windows Live Mail because it's still on from yesterday and no crash yet. But when I try to install the sound driver again it won't work, computer crashes. I don't see how that could trigger a crash but it is. It's really annoying because I can't listen to music or anything and my computer always beeps at me. Does anyone know how to test my CPU or where I could get a really cheap one to replace it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back