BSOD flashed and went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ru1thirst

I had this problem a few days ago and I installed new ar5211 file from a newer version and thought I had it fixed. Well just a few minutes ago I got the blue screen again but it just flashed and restarted my machine so I don't know if it is the same ar file again. Not sure if you are around Howard this late but you helped me out last time and everything worked for the last few days just fine. Anyway here is the minidump. I only have the one because it just happened.

Your minidump crashes at ar5211.sys. This is your Dlink wireless lan card driver.

This is a known issue see HERE

Mailwasher.exe was the running application when the crash occured.

Regards Howard :)

You don't sleep either huh? Thanks a ton Howard. Quick question, was the dump showing some type of dlink hardware? I ask because I have a gigabyte card that uses the atheros chip. I just downloaded the latest gigabyte driver from the site so I'm going to give that a shot but was just wondering if I had installed the wrong driver previously?

It`s very difficult to be sure from just one minidump, but the ar5211.sys, is a known issue.

If it can`t be resolved with different drivers, then maybe trying a different wireless lan card may help.

I could not find any reference in your minidump to a hardware problem.

Regards Howard :)

Howard, can you check out these previous minidumps? Just wondering if all the bsods were happening when the mailwasher exe was the running application in all of them. Maybe mailwasher is triggering this with my Gigabyte wireless card? Whoops, guess you can't attach files that you have attached in another thread? Ok, here's the link then.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35769

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back