BSOD for years now...

I have been building my own computers for 9 years. I took a class when I was 14 on how to build a computer and I got to build a computer learn all about computer parts, and I kept the computer I built. Since then I have built two computers the first computer I built had BSOD problems and I tried a bunch of different things and still never resolved the problem. So I just lived with it... It only happened about once a month.

Now I have a new computer and it does the same thing only more frequently then before. Now the BSOD happens once every two to three days sometimes it will happen two or three times in the same day. So at first it happened when I would pull up a flash game called Edgeworld on Internet Explorer. So then I switched to Mozilla Firefox and then it did not crash for almost a week. Then it started crashing again even when I used Mozilla Firefox. It also crashes when I have Edgeworld and World of Warcraft pulled up at the same time. Sometimes it crashes when I pull of the forums. Then 10% of the time when I reboot my computer it says CPU Overheat press F1 to override. So I do not know what is going on because if it were a CPU overheating it seems like it would happen every time when I reboot. So the first photo is my CPUID monitoring info. The second photo is what the BSOD says when it crashes.

Keep in mind when I upgraded my computer I upgraded one part at a time to see if it might be a hardware issue. But the BSOD still continued.

My computer setup Windows 7 Extreme 64 Bit, 42" 1080p HD TV Vizio, M-Audio AV 40 Studio Monitor Pair, Cyborg R.A.T. 7, GIGABYTE GK-K8100, Sentey Arvina Extreme Case. Inside: ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600, AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Processor, OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W, and GeForce GTX 260 896 MB GDDR3 SDRAM.

bsod.png

photo(19).JPG

Try up dating your network card drivers . If this is the bsod you have been getting all along, Plus you say this happens when you are on the internet. Check the bios and see if you have a set temp in their for the cpu. If you do it will tell this warning you keep getting. Hope this helps If not I am sure some once else will chime in.

I noticed in your picture with the Voltages and the Heat that the 3.3v is considerably low, sitting at just 2.05. I would suggest replacing this PSU, or testing with a different one to see if the issue is resolved.

If it gave you a message of the CPU overheating I would look at putting new Thermal Paste onto the CPU to resolve the issue.

The BSOD that you are getting is resolved by replacing/removing RAM, but not always.

As a test you could remove ALL RAM Modules and test with 1 stick to see if it will BSOD. Test all sticks separate..

After that, test sticks in Pairs (if you have more then 2) If at what ever point you get a BSOD, go back 1 step.

If you seem to get the BSOD's when in a Dual Channel Configuration (Ram A and B in slots 1 and 3(coloured the same)) but not when they are separate, try using them in Single Channel (Ram A and B in slots 1 and 2(in different coloured slots))

Hopefully some of this information will help. Post back with any updates.

Also the memory thing makes a lot of sense because my memory is not on the supported list for my mother board. So if it does start happening I may try and trade the memory out...

Back