Bsod Pfn_list_corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am new in the forum and I would like to comment what is happening:
New computer (just 3 weeks old)
Asus A8N-sli premium. Last Bios and drivers
AMD 64 X2 3800+
Cooler Zalman
2 GB ram (2x1GB OCZ performance, running in dual channel, latency in auto in MB). No OC.
PSU Tacens Valeo Smart 560 W
XFX Geforce 7600 GT XXX Latest drivers certified.
Sound blaster X-FI
HD Samsung SATA 300GB.
LiAnLi Case well ventilated, three fans and temp in CPU never higher than 39-40ºC
It is not a gaming machine, just DTP and digital phtography under winxp sp2. The problem is that randomly gets BSOD with Pfn-list corrupt message, at least ten times in the last two weeks, even when idle overnight, but most of the times when dealing with large files (opening large photos or decompressing big files or applying updates of acrobat/photoshop). I have run memtest for hours without a problem, testing each separate dimm in the system and always the BSOD.
The page file is 6 GB in a separate partition.
I am getting crazy about this, I do not know what else to test. Any suggestion welcome and thanks in advance.

Pfn_list_corrupt indicates that the memory management Page File Number list is corrupted. Can be caused by corrupt physical RAM. Have you tried to swap the ram i know you put that you did but try again and see if the ram is set in good also some bad ram have pass memtest86

BSOD PFN List Corrupt

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I have rebuild the page file and the last minidumps are included.
Any help welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back