BSOD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running Win/XP Pro build 5.1.
When i startup my computer, during windows XP progress bar I get the following BSOD message:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000006B (0xC0000102, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I can't even start in Safe Mode. I'm not running GoBACk. I changed the memory but nothing changed.I cannot load the Win/Xp CD because my CD-ROM is down.Can I install Windows using my flash disk,

Please give me some pieces of advice
Thanks

Cause

Any part of the disk subsystem can cause the PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED bug check, including bad disks, bad or incorrect cables, mixing different ATA-type devices on the same chain, or drives that are not available becuase of hardware regeneration. [I don't have a clue what hardware regeneration means here]

This bug check can also be caused by a missing file from the boot partition or by a driver file that a user accidentally disabled in the Drivers tab.

1. Check your cables.

2. It could be a failed harddrive. See if you can take out your harddrive a slave it in another PC and see if you can access that way. If you can, get everything important off that disk with some sort of back-up and run a harddrive diagnostics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back