BSOD Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Im having annoying BSOD trouble. Ive went through all the guides on this forum, aswell as replaced memory sticks, videocard with different ones and motherboard with identical one. On my profile is the current setup that I have on my computer.

What I can make from reading my minidumps most of the crashes indicate senfilt.sys. However since I dont know much about reading minidumps, and sometimes the problem is claimed to be caused by srcss.exe, which kind of makes me worry its not only a sound problem.

So Im wonderind if any kind soul could take a look at my minidumps to see if there is anyother clue as to what the cause is.

It is an audio driver "Sensaura WDM 3D Audio Driver"... As peterdiva says, try to find an update, or delete it and see if your system stablizes

I have updated senfilt.sys and reinstalled senfilt.sys and all the audio drivers few times. Ive also tried older version, and the problem remains.

Currently I have disabled the audio part of my motherboard, and I havent crashed so far, but sometimes, the computer may run 20+ hours without crashing, sometimes just few minutes. So I dont know if it did anything yet.

Well, I got another BSOD after disabling audio device. Here is the minidump. I have now no idea what could be the problem.

Another BSOD, I havent seen this stop error before. Microsoft support pages say its caused most probably by faulty memory. These are now my 3rd memory sticks in the computer, and different video card so I doubt the problem is from them. But in anycase I ran memtest again and it found no problems.

How do I check L2 cache? Can it even cause such problems as what Ive been experiencing.

The latest minidumps point to a "hardware" error. L2 cash is inside the CPU. You can test a CPU, but the proper test for a CPU is done with a separate test jig away from the motherboard.

Are you running Vista by any chance?

Im running on winxp.

I cant test on a separate computer until monday (and Im not really sure how to do it anyway), so I guess until then if someone knows a good program to test CPU Id really appreciate link.

Anyway, thanks for all the input.

If you have 2 motherboards that use the same model Processor (CPU) you can swap the processors and see if the BSOD's stop. Is the Sensaura audio on-board audio. If it is, disable it and try another PCI based audio card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back