BSOD problems

When I try to boot my computer, it always comes up with the BSOD. I have tried the F8 trick to run it in safe mode, but that still gives me the blue screen. It says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer. If this appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7A0E528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

All help would be much appreciated, as I really have no idea what to do :(

Assuming you already tried "Last Known Good Configuration" from the F8 menu, then if you have access to a Windows install disk, you may be able to boot from it, and run system restore, or use fixmbr/fixboot in recovery console (CARE - make sure you enter recovery mode, or you could flatten the hard drive!).
If no install disk, there are some downloadable boot disks with many recovery options (Hiren's or UBCD, Ultimate Boot CD are good), but obviously you would need use of a working PC to download & burn these!

Assuming you already tried "Last Known Good Configuration" from the F8 menu, then if you have access to a Windows install disk, you may be able to boot from it, and run system restore, or use fixmbr/fixboot in recovery console (CARE - make sure you enter recovery mode, or you could flatten the hard drive!).
If no install disk, there are some downloadable boot disks with many recovery options (Hiren's or UBCD, Ultimate Boot CD are good), but obviously you would need use of a working PC to download & burn these!

Back