BSOD problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 computers both of which are causing me problems with restarting at odd times ...

both running high end 500 watt or higher PSU's and both have updated drivers ...

I have gone thru several of the threads on this site so far and found several of them that had the following responses in them:

Howard Hopkinso says

Go *ttp://ww*.techspot.com/vb/topic35103.html]HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together, and attach them here.

Regards Howard

that quote came from this thread: *ttp://ww*.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=39688&highlight=topic35103

just wanted to let you know that the link in the reply doesn't work ... just keeps giving me a page that says no thread specified ...

Having said that I would really like to know if anyone can help me to figure out why my computer keeps rebooting itself .... I hav already followed the instructions on how to turn off the automatic restart on BSOD and this has not worked .... the computers still keep rebooting without even showing me the blue screens ....

Am going to run memtest and see if that gives me any errors ...

thanks for your help ...

The attached minidump111407-01 is from my main computer

specs are as follows
Intel P4 3.2ghz
1gb ddr 500 ram (running at 400)
radeon 9800xt graphics card

The second attachment Minidump B is from my fiance's computer which is also giving us troubles ....

specs for her computer are as follows
AMD Athlon 64 processor 3500+ 2.21ghz
1.7gb ddr 400 ram
nvidia GeForce 8600 GT graphics card

Attachments

• Mini111407-01.zip
    26.4 KB · Views: 5
I can't read the Dumps for whatever reason...

How far into Booting does it get? Can you get into Safe Mode?

You could try booting from the Windows CD, entering the Recovery Console, and run CHKDSK /R which will repair file errors. If it finds a lot, also run the manufacturers Diagnostic to check the Hard Drive isn't failing
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic7602.html

A failing Hard Drive can cause rebooting - but to have 2 go at the same time???
Is there something that was installed, or changed on both machines around the time of failure?

The single Minidump from your system points to Cmaudio.sys

Cmaudio.sys C Media on-board audio driver. Delete and reinstall the audio driver

The Minidumps B all point to NTOSKRNL.EXE is a general Windows error usually associated with a corruped sector on the hard drive. Try Fragrant Coit's post:

You could try booting from the Windows CD, entering the Recovery Console, and run CHKDSK /R which will repair file errors. If it finds a lot, also run the manufacturers Diagnostic to check the Hard Drive isn't failing
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic7602.html

It boots into windows just fine .... the onboard audio is disabled due to the fact that the onboard audio failed and I am now using a pci sound card ... there are no drivers installed for the onboard audio as it was disabled from BIOS prior to the latest reinstall of windows ..... that's on my system which is the one with the single minidump ...

as for the minidump B system the hard drives are all brand new and I have already run chkdisk on them and am not coming up with any errors ... I did run memtest on the ram and found a faulty ram stick which I hav since replaced and have just had another reboot on the system again 5 mins ago .... will attach the latest minidump now ... can someone pls tell me if there's a way to find out which hard drive it says is faulty ....

also can anyone tell me why the system will still continue to reboot in the event of a BSOD even though I have changed the advanced options to not automatically restart ....

The minidump is the same NTOSKRNL.exe... Let's forget about the drives, and sound drivers and go for video drivers or bad motherboard at this point. These errors are just too general to work with, and make any sence of

Well I wouldnt be surprised to hear that it is the motherboard since I do know for a fact that the sata ports on the board are dead ... I have a sata drive that works perfectly well on my other computer but the computer that minidump B comes from refuses to pickup the sata drive at all ...

guess I will hav to find out just how long the warranty is on the board and see if I can't RMA it ...

The video drivers are the absolute latest and I know that for a fact because I just downloaded them in the last cpl days ... I think I installed the new drivers just after the last error occurred ... I have also done the seagate diagnostic tests on the hard drives and found one of them has failed the short test so I have now removed it from the system ... so far no problems so we will see how we go over the next few days ...

well it's happened again ... this time I was playing Splinter Cell Double Agent and it just crashed ...

I will attach the latest minidump for the crash ... the "do not auto reboot" still isn't working so I can't see what the bluescreen is telling me ... anyone have any ideas about that ??

I have changed the options for the autoreboot on crash but it just refuses to stop doing it ...

So far we have removed faulty ram and removed a faulty hard drive and the problem is still going on ... have changed the drivers 3 times to make sure they are not corrupted and still no joy ...

and again ... this time the blue screens happened at startup ...a s soon as I tried to start the computer tonight after arriving home I got BSOD that actually allowed me to see the error code

0x0000007E was the first one

0x00000050 was the second one that came up after I restarted the first time ...

When I rebooted the computer the second time it booted into windows

I have attached the latest minidump ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back