BSOD - Startup Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been having issues the past 2-3 days with my computer wanting to boot up. Once and awhile it would show "red lines twitching around desktop icons". Occasionally it would just shut down while I would run outside for 30-40 minutes and not want to restart.

While playing WoW today it froze up 2-3 times resulting in a restart needed to do anything.

About 30-40 minutes ago I got my first BSOD this system has ever done. Error codes are as follows:

BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 8F945CC8
BCP3: ESF937A8
BCP4: 00000000

I cant post any minidumps with the original post due to my computer running recovery startup.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+
3.00GB Ram
Vista SP2

Thanks for reading and assisting. All responses are greatly appreciated.

0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware and are especially a strong indicator of corrupted memory. Therefore run memtest on your memory. It is free and perfectly safe and it also engages a few seconds after boot-up.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

I went to turn the machine on to download the Memtest and as it got to the windows loading screen, (The little green bag at the bottom). It made a long steady "beep" sound.

Also, I have 2 1024 gb ram sticks and 2 512s. If one of them is "corrupted", can I just simply remove it and continue with the other 3 sticks in there?

Could I simply remove 1 and try starting the computer to rule out which one is bad?

Please let me know and thanks again for reading and assisting.

I went to turn the machine on to download the Memtest and as it got to the windows loading screen, (The little green bag at the bottom). It made a long steady "beep" sound.

Also, I have 2 1024 gb ram sticks and 2 512s. If one of them is "corrupted", can I just simply remove it and continue with the other 3 sticks in there?

Could I simply remove 1 and try starting the computer to rule out which one is bad?

Please let me know and thanks again for reading and assisting.

Burn memtest from another system. This test will engage well before you get to the Windows loading screen.

Or, you can install one stick of RAM in your system at a time and see if you get any system crashes. This is a tried and true diagnostic step that may gbecome tedious but is solid.

Also, uninstall the two 512 sticks. How is your system running?

Well before the issues it ran pretty solid. Asside from the dust collecting inside, (which im going to get air duster to clean out here shortly). Its been getting noisy the past couple months. FPS has dropped some while running full screen apps, games mostly. IE has gotten a little slow recently. Temp Files and all cookies are removed rather frequently. Mostly been good though the past year or so i've had it.

This is the first thing problem it has ever given me. The system came with 2 1024s and 2 512s in it when purchased. Is that a bad thing having 2 different sizes in it at once?

Anything else you want to ask feel free. Thanks for responding and hopefully I can get it up and running shortly.

I scan every friday at 8pm for infections, spyware, and addaware. At first I thought it could be the graphics card, due to the red twitchy lines around the desktop icons.

I ran the memtest for all the sticks. None came back with errors and they had well over 7 passes each. I'm currently reinstalling windows, thinking it could be a corrupted driver or file in the OS.

Any other suggestions as to what it could be please give suggestions to try out.

Also, I had a 0x7e BSOD when I tried to reboot once I did all the memtests. Maybe that can help some.

Thanks and hope to hear from someone soon.

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

As you can tell from the description it can be from almost anything. In your next post give us your minidump files.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back