BSOD, still occuring after re-install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I googled IRQL and spent a couple hours reading before joining and posting this first. All help is greatly appreciated.

By system has been BSODing for about a month now. My computer is 4 years old and I built it myself with no hiccups until now. Since I started getting the error I decided to re-install windows xp pro. Well no difference now, except I get the error more often. I also can not run files I download, downloads fail, zip file extracts fail, and most of the time it says corrupt file in all cases. None of this has ever happened before.

Now to the error:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
***STOP: 0X00000000A (0C00000002 , 0X00000001, 0X806BD90E)

I ran memtest86 & chkdsk with no errors.

MyComp:
XP Pro Serv Pack 1 (cant d/l 2!!!)
ASUS NForce SLi
Athlon 64 X2 4400+
EVGA 7900GT 256MB
2GB Corsair Dual, 160BG Sata

Please post your minidumps for analysis, you can find them in C:\windows\minidump. Zip them in a single file before posting, Regards.

Both the dumps came up with:
0xA
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
USBPORT.SYS

Do you have any USB device attached to your system?

Both the dumps came up with:
0xA
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
USBPORT.SYS

Do you have any USB device attached to your system?

Occasional USB thumb, Logitech Wired USB keyboard and Logitech Wireless USBmouse.

I think that shouldn't be a problem then, but well we can't be sure about computers.

Anyway, uninstall your Keyboard/Mouse from currently attached USB ports, and install/connect them on different USB ports and see what happens. Also check your system/usb sticks for virus/malware etc. with a good AV and malwarebytes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back