BSOD stop 0xD1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobbis

I just started getting this in the past few days. it seems to be random. I just formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows and started getting this. Also before I formatted I was using a different hard drive and one day when I shut down to go to work and came home it wouldnt start up it just sits at the bios press del to enter setup screen and does this even when attached as a 2nd hard drive. please help!

First, 0xD1 errors are usually caused by faulty drivers but sometimes by mismatched or faulty RAM. When your system blue screens does it give a driver as well?

Second, can you access that harddrive through your other harddrive? Make sure your working harddrive is set as #1.

First, 0xD1 errors are usually caused by faulty drivers but sometimes by mismatched or faulty RAM. When your system blue screens does it give a driver as well?

Second, can you access that harddrive through your other harddrive? Make sure your working harddrive is set as #1.

Yes I have the working harddrive plugged into the sata #1 on the motherboard and the non-working one I tried in all of the 5 other sata ports and it still either freezes at the bios message on startup or once windows has booted the harddrive doesnt show up. I havent gotten the BSOD error in almost 2 days now so I hope its fixed but I still need to get into my harddrive. Thanks

I am going to get a new wireless adapter so I hope that fixes the problem. Almost time for a new PC anyways...

I am not sure new wireless adapter will help you access your hdd. Also, if your HDD is not being detected in the BIOS; probably its of not much use for you; however, someone from tech support may be of more help then these boards in such cases.

Ok its been about a week or so and problem solved. Thanks for all the help. I cant believe that my wireless adapter ive been using for years just started to mess with my pc.

Thanks for getting back to us. Hardware will go one day after years of quality service. It will give up the ghost so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back