BSOD when playing Warcraft III DOTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianleonardo07

OK... Hello I am new to this forum and I will try to explain my problem as clear as I can... Here goes... Ok when I was playing DOTA, to be more specific, I was in the middle of playing and suddenly I had a BSOD... I remember that there I saw something about having BAD_POOL_HEADER or something and before that happened I happen to see some kind of video distortions while playing like for example, like when you are playing a game in Game Boys like you suddenly remove the cartridge while playing right? ... I updated everything.. All my drivers...

Anyway here is my PC Spec...

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 CPU 4400 @ 2 GHz (2 CPU)
Memory: 3072 MB RAM
Video Card: NVIDIA Ge-Force 9400 GT

Anyway I have also attached the minidmp file....

Thanks for any reply....

Attachments

• Mini062310-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 3
Your error is 0x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER
A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device driver issues are probably the msot common, but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers. This can also be caused by faulty/corrupted memory.

No device drivers were noted though a Windows OS driver was cited but OS drivers are usually too general to be of much help. So try the following daignostic steps:

A. Updating your video drivers

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

B. Find the make of your harddrive and go to the manufacture's website. They will provide a free harddrive diagnostics utility. Download and use it. Make sure you not only run the short tests but especially the long test.

*** Get back to us with the results.

I finished checking my video drivers when I uninstalled all the nvidia drivers like you said with the help of the readme that is with the Driver Cleaner... I hope I have done it right... When I run Driver cleaner in safe mode I picked nVidia for cleaning and installed the latest driver for my video card via nvidia.com which is the 257.21 update that was released last June 15... Anyway, I am having trouble regarding how to know the manufacturer of my harddrive... Do you have any idea how I can find the information?

Hello Archean... I have tried using CPU-Z but what I am looking for is how to know the manufacturer of my harddrive.. I can't seem to find it there...

On the same page you can also find PC Wizard 2010, as far as I remember it tells you almost everything about your PC including hard disks.

Ok I have seen my harddrive in the PC wizard and I saw that my hardrive has a model number of ST3160215AS (160GB) which is from Seagate Barracuda with 7200.10 something like that.... Anyway I have found a tool for it called SeaTools in the Seagate site... I do thank you for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back