Bsod while gaming, Memory Dump, and Driver issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Setup:

Windows Xp Sp3
AMD Semp. 1.8 GHZ
1GB ram
Geforce 7600 GS 512mb

Ok I'm having 2 issues, and I'm not quite sure what exactly is going on.

First issue: Drivers.
Everytime I install the new drivers off Nvidia's website and reboot I get stuck in 4bit mode. I can't change my display settings or anything, the only way to fix this is to rollback the drivers. I've tried uninstalling my current drivers (the one that came with the card) and installing the new ones in safe mode. No luck. I've tried Omega drivers too. That just makes my screen look like what would happen if you were to bump a Super Nintendo or Sega and get all those pretty colors on the screen. Can't even do nothing.

Second Issue: BSOD while playing World of Warcraft
This has happened a few times while I was playing WoW. I don't have a exact quote of the error but I do know it says something about a memory dump. A minute or so passes and it restarts. I'm assuming it's driver related, but I can't get any drivers to install. They are the exact drivers that I'm suppose to download. Not quite sure how to fix this when I'm having that driver issue.

Maybe the card is going bad? I've had it for about 1.5 year. It's an AGP one.

Any help would be great.

Edit 2: I have the 4bit problem on SP2 as well.

Test your RAM using memtest86 (Google for it). Run it on each individual stick for as long as possible (preferably overnight). Any errors will show bad RAM.
As for your video drivers, get Driver Cleaner Pro (Google again) and use it to remove all traces of the old drivers. Then try installing the new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back