BSOD while playing Metro 2033

dajap

Hi guys, im getting a BSOD minutes into metro 2033. I tried uninstalling CCC and using drive sweeper in safe mode with no luck, Any ideas on whats going no?

BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF88002C20FE8
BCP3: FFFFF880076FF558
BCP4: FFFFF880076FEDB0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

sorry-
2x4gb ripjaws x 2133
i5-2500k 4.8ghz @1.34v
asrock fatal1ty p67 mobo
2 sapphire 6950's flashed bios 935/1300

You overclocked the CPU? are u running the newest ATI Drivers? if not update to v11.8.
Also how does it perform with other high end games?

just did a clean wipe and installed 11.8. yea cpu is overclocked, stable though. i find i always have trouble running invidia games, i.e. batman, borderlands, etc. I just flashed back to original bios/clocks and got 5 min in. it didnt bsod, metro 2033 just stopped running this time.

dude lol, ur most likely overloading the graphics cards ALOT, metro is a very hard on the GPU
go into:

64-bit
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\metro 2033

32-bit
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\metro 2033
and run the benchmarking program and i bet it will crash running at those settings, drop the settings to high and turn tess off because radeon cards don't take it well (designed for nvidia cards) and mayb turn the aa settings off.

2 6950's (basically 6970's) cant run metro 2033 at max settings?

i just ran it, with my cards flashed back to stock, no crash, but i did hit 20 fps min, which is at 840/1325 @1.1v. i was at 935/1400 @1.175 before

so i was playing around with the settings, dropped it to high isntead of ultra high, and it crashed within 2 seconds of bench, sweet.

you would think they could but no, even the fastest 6990 can only get like 40fps on max which is about the same as 2 6970's, i played it yestorday with 2 5850's on high but it lags alot when anything happens, what was the average? i would try run it again (with stock flash) once u get to about 40-50fps on the benchmark

avg 43 fps on frontline bench maxed out setting. it was never lagging when i bsod/crashed, just random. ill tone down the settings and see if i can atleast play for more then 5 minutes

maybe you should download GPU-Z and run the benchmark in windows mode so you can keep an eye on the GPU temps

lol, i always have gpu-z running on my second monitor, temps never break 70c. not retarded man, looking for an answer to my BSOD issue, lol

aha not angry dude, but ive done most of the basic stuff. its crashing just walking, no action. Im only like 5 minutes into the damn game, haha

yep i feel your pain lol, not the greatest game so not missing out on much but anyway, did it change anything when you turned off all extra settings like aa and tess?

phsyx is up to date. cards are back to 6970 settings, ran bench again, 48 avf fps. 10 min though, so clearly not playable with a ton of action. still doesnt make sense why i would bsod just walking around at the start of the game

haha yea but don't worry about the minimum too much because i got the same when i benchmarked my cards and i can play it smoothly except the really intense parts (just don't throw any bombs) it is very unusual for it to just crash, the only other ideas i have for you is to unplug your second monitor and try it again and also unplugging the internet (steam has been known to be updating hidden parts that can stuff up the game) and lastly completely re-install the hole game and start from scratch

yea i dont know whats going on. ill try all those suggestions, funny feeling none of them will help though lol. might just try wiping the slate clean and reinstalling my OS, or maybe just quit trying to play invidia supported games.

appearantly a common problem for 0x7e codes are ram issues or sata issues. I just upgraded from 1600 ddr3 to 2133, might try upping the vcore a tad, and if that doesnt work ill just swap back to 1600 and go from there

it could be that but if it really was your ram all other high end games that u play would crash it exactly the same way, not just nvidia ones

Back