Bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently dual-booting Windows 7 and Windows Vista on a DELL Inspiron 1525 with an SATA 250GB HDD. After beginning to boot up 7, I got BSOD with the error code:

0x000000F4

parameters:

0x00000003, 0x84DD9D90, 0x84DD9EDC, 0x8127A330

The message is:

A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

Neither 7 nor Vista boot up completely. I get to the point where the cursor shows up on a black background, but a few seconds after that the error message shows up again. We've tried all available options for loading both OS's. I've had Windows 7 on my laptop for a few months now, and have never had this problem. I have not recently installed any new drivers or software, and no updates have been released for 7 (I rarely use Vista).

We ran scans to detect hardware malfunctions, but everything went smoothly. Obviously, I'm guessing this is a logical error.

I've tried putting in the Vista installation disk (I deleted the files for 7 installation), but after it loads up the files it just shows the background for the installation. No windows or anything.

Is there anything that I might've done to cause these problems? Is there any way I can fix them?

Was this system running Vista alone at one time? Have you checked your memory or hard drive for errors?

Sorry, nevermind. We just got a new HDD, which fixed the problem (so it was definitely a logical error). I got BSOD when loading either one, and I couldn't get to the repair tools since I was getting IO errors. Probably something with the BIOS or POST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back