BSOD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nthionius

I Am Depressed

Dear Sirs,

I am writing this to seek your kind help. I am suffering from the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA stop message. This problem is really getting on my nerve! When I surfed the net for solution, I found your site my salvation when I read your professional replys and your rich experience.

I am (also was) using Windows XP PRO SP2, with all hi-piority updates installed. A detail factsheet of my computer configuration is provide in the attachment.
(I don't know how to post the attachments, can I just post it here?)

Now, dear sir, please allow me to describe my problem in chronological order, as doing so might give you more information.

The problem started when I bought a Grandmars 9800SE AIW 128MB 256Bit Video Card ($699, with remote, in Comdex, 2/F Golden). I installed it, then the driver from the Grandmars Driver CD it came with.

Whenever I play games, GTASA, AoE3 etc. The computer automatically restart after some 15-30 minutes. I wanted to determine the cause, and turned off the "automatical restart" (on failure) option. The next time, I got a blue STOP screen:

0x0000008E (0xC000005, 0xBFA62FF, 0xB29C947C... (the attachments includes the details of the message)
The message read, in brief, some problem occured with the ati3duag.dll, and there is dump of physical memory.

I used the Microsoft Windows Memory Diagnostic and tested my memory in DOS with extended tests. I let it run overnight and no error was detected.

I reinstalled Windows yesterday (16/5/2006), get all the updates, turned off the "automatical restart" (on failure) and installed the newest Catalyst Driver (downloaded from www.ati.com. Then I installed Age of Empire III. It ran for some 60 minutes and there bumped out another blue STOP screen:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
The problem is likely caused by ati3duag.dll.
The last 2 lines stated that there was dump of physical memory.
(The attachment includes the event 1001 detail and my software-programme group detail, as I think you might need them)

I am really disturbed by this problem, sir. The canned reply from ati helps me not!
Please, can you help me to determine the nature (cause) and gather more information about the problem? I await your reply. Once again, many a thank and appreciation for your patience and help.

Nthionius of Hong Kong
17/5/2006

P.S. cpc2004, Do you have a Xanga site at www.xanga.com/cpc2004 ?

Dear Sirs,

I am writing this to seek your kind help.

Just for a moment there, I thought that someone had been witty and posted a plea for help with their computer in the form of a 419 (nigerian scam) email. :p

Assuming just for a moment though that you were'nt trying to be funny, I've split this post from the "one problem per thread" thread in the feedback forum, and moved it to the WinOS forum.

(edit: I see that you're from Hong Kong. hence the very well spoken, but very very formal language.)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together and attach them here.

You should also check that your psu is putting out enough power for your system.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Hello guys,
sorry for not returning for a month, but my PC has just recovered from a major breakdown (I think I burnt my PSU). Anyway, I figure out the problem to be of the PSU. My old 350W PSU is not supplying enough juice (only 17A) on the 12V rail (took some time to come to this). I upgraded it to a PSU with 24A on the 12V rail, and the problem vanished. I thank you for your time.

P.S. Writing like a nigerian scam email ain't the fault of me, maybe I should blame the bloody English schooling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back