BSoDs, possibly RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doktaluv

Hello everyone. I've just built a brand new system and am having BSoD errors. I've never encountered these errors before, so I honestly have no idea where to begin. The intro/FAQ was very helpful, and after trying all of the steps I'm still having the problems.

I'm getting PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA errors intermixed with IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO errors. I can't remember the specific STOP codes, but have dug through the minidumps to absolutely no avail whatsoever. Here's my system specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 4000+
Mobo: ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
RAM: 2GB PC3200 400Mhz DDR
Video: BFG Tech GeForce 7950 GT

I'll include the minidumps here. I'm suspecting bad RAM, to be quite honest, but am not entirely sure if it's the problem (I don't really want to RMA it just yet). Can any of you gurus help me out with this?

Secondary Data: A ton of my downloads come up as corrupt and whenever I try to install the occasional program, I get an unexpected error code through the install. This is what leads me to think it's RAM, but it's been a while since I flexed the PC knowledge muscles.

Extra

I should also note that I believe the older two of the minidumps are related to nv4_disp.dll problems; I have updated all the current drivers for my video card and all other drivers I could think of. Thanks again for the help!

EDIT: I just looked in my BIOS and I had DRAM over 4GB Remapping on. According to the manual for my mobo, this is for 4GB of RAM usage -- could this possibly have something to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back