BSODs when surfing in friends' networks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

since I bought a new laptop this year in February, I have this problem. When I'm surfing at home, I don't get any BSODs, but when I log in the WLAN at a friend's house, my laptop crashes after about half an hour. At home, I use WLAN as well.
The problem also is time-related. It only happens between, lets say, 3 and 10 pm (Maybe because at this time other persons surf in this network?).
When I disconnect, I don't get any BSODs.
Currently I am in Safe Mode where I don't get BSODs as well.

Here is the problem signature and the last minidump file. (I believe that the problem signature is always the same)

BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050033
BCP3: 00000000000006F8
BCP4: FFFFF80003048E58
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Event ID is 1031.

Oh, and I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• 071410-23556-01.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 3
A single minidump isn't going to lead us to conclusive reasoning with regard to your issue.

However, it is a one of the rare errors i.e. 0x7f_8, the first parameter of the BSOD error is 0x0000008, which means it is an double fault instant death error.

This occurs if one or more of the processors in the computer:

1. Require a microcode update that is not applied by the computer's basic input/output system (BIOS).
2. Are damaged or defective.
3. Are operating outside their specified ranges for temperature, power, or other conditions.

In your case the third instance may be the reason, please see temperatures / power settings etc. Also, if there is a BIOS update for your machine, please apply it after carefully reading its release notes.

According to MS Excessive room temperature, bad ventilation, or dust accumulation can cause electronic components, such as processors, to behave erratically. Malfunctioning fans or blocked air passages can cause ventilation problems, as such please have a look at this aspect as well.

If the temperatures/power settings etc. are ok, then stress test your CPU with Prime95. Regards

Thanks for the advice, Archean. I don't think the temperature is the problem since my laptop doesn't feel too warm and it's not cooler at home than at my friend's :D
I already installed SpeedFan to check the tempertures, it tells me that my processor (Intel Core i7 720QM) is between 50-60 °C. But I also remember that SpeedFan gave me wrong results earlier, do you know of a better program?

I will though try to find a BIOS update, thanks for the help!

You are welcome, and please do keep us updated about your progress with regard to BIOS update, and also if you need further assistance. Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back