Building new computer

which do you think will work more efficient
Nice theory
A theory is underdetermined (also called indeterminacy of data to theory) if, given the available evidence cited to support the theory, there is a rival theory which is inconsistent with it that is at least as consistent with the evidence.
Links that support this theory would be nice too. Have you seen a performance test of the OPs heatsink where it could be considered a failure?

I believe it's called "H.D.T. (Heat-pipe direct touch) technology" and most air cooled cpu manufacturers have moved to this "technology" as they call it (i see it more as common sense). I meant "fail" on the one he picked. Since he hasn't purchased one yet I only pointed out that the one he picked has no direct heatpipe contact and my opinion is that pick was not a good one since I have used both.

I can't find any info that states it is better heat distribution to place a solid chunk of metal between the item you want cooled and the pipes that are doing the cooling.
http://www.enertron-inc.com/enertro...o-Consider-When-Designing-With-Heat-Pipes.pdf

IMO a budget PC doesn't need more than a stock heatsink, at least nothing too expensive. I'd think it's better to spend that money elsewhere, but I'm not sure since you haven't answered those first two questions.

Exactly. No direct cpu to pipe contact.
Oh, I see what you mean, I thought the copper block and the pipes were a single piece of copper. That definitely doesn't mean it's a bad cooler though.

comp is going to be used for everything really but leaning more towards gaming, board is cheaper than the reat of the stuff ill be getting can only afford a basic board for now getting 8 gig ram and an i5 2300 cpu with it

Me too, and also using a stock cooler since they're much cheaper.
What's your approximate budget (and what does that include, monitor, keyboard, mouse, OS, or just a barebones desktop)?

for the desktop alone it will come to about £600 then if i decide on a fan controller and 5.25 bay a bit more :p i do plan to get a monitor and found a nice one for £135... considering this was a sudden spur of the moment build im not doing too bad... cpu for the comp i have now got discontinued after i had to send it back do to being doa ><

Back