Burning problems on DVD+R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have previously been burning on Maxells DVD-r, with no problems. When I run out of discs I went onto using Sony DVD+r and I keep getting error messages at the start of the burn. On convertXtoDvd the error message is "write error at 1760 (16) code 03 80 04. Have tried using Nero but still doesn't work. I have used DVD+r in the past so not sure why I am having problems now. Can anyone advise?? Thank you!!

We could get into loads of technical talk about differences between - and + and info on your Drive capabilities and bios\driver updates; and even manufacture differences and incompatibilities

Or I could just state what to do
Use Maxells DVD-r discs (seeming they work)
;)

That was my next move was to go and buy some more and see if they still work. Will be annoyed if they have stopped working too!!! Also, its a bit of a shame my DVD+r will go to waste.

Just wondered if anyone had any similar problems and whether it can be fixed. Also thought about opening it up and giving it a clean to see if that helps!?!?

I wouldn't open it at all.
I would try a firmware update on the drive to see if that helps.

For single layer disks I exclusively burn Sony +R and -R disks, because of their reliability :) - and their looks, I like the mostly plain white label side.

Try burning at a slower speed. It's quite odd though, because I usr Sony DVDs too because of their superb reliability and I've never had one fail on me. I've had dozens of coasters with Imation DVDs, but none so far with Sony ones.

I am burning at the slowest speed possible. I don't think its the specific discs because I had same problem with a verbatim dvd+r - starting to think my driver is broken and won't work with any dvd+r. I'm off to buy some dvd-r today to see if they work. If I have no luck I think my next step will have to be to buy a new dvd driver. Any more ideas very welcome!!!!!

Hi - bought some Maxells DVD-r and they work perfectly! Can't be bothered with trying to solve the problem any more, so will stick with my DVD-r discs. Thanks for your advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back