Can I open an fdf file in Foxit reader??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdms96825

I removed Adobe from my system and installed Foxit Reader. I am trying to open a file that has an fdf extension. I can't seem to be able to do it. Is there any way that I can open this file?

Thank you.

you mean pdf
yes it will read thats what it was made to do
if you can't see it its a corrupt file or made on an older version

fdf can ba an adobe portable format you may have to convert it into pdf before foxit reader can read it.
also fdf can be form data format which lets you save form data or change information of a pdf file into an extra file to not do changes to the pdf file itself.

your best chance is to look for a conversion tool or something. otherwise you will not have any chances without adobe reader I guess.

It is not a pdf file -- it is form data format. My Foxit Reader starts to convert it but then stops.

I guess I have to re-install Adobe to read this file (I don't know why they put it in this format to begin with).

like I said. It's for PDF only.

anything else requires acrobat itself.

I tried downloading Foxit, but there were so many teasers and annoying sales pitches, I decided it wasn't worth it.

Besides, I have full adobe 6 from work.

extension change

You can try to change the extension manually from .fdf to .pdf (make sure folder settings show extensions). That might work if the fdf is actually a normal pdf submitted to a form. At least it worked for me on a document.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back