Can I upgrade my Graphics with my current computer?

Hey Guys! I had a question about my graphics card. Is it possible I can upgrade my computers graphics card? I am hopping to purchase something created by Ge Force but I don't know if my computer could handle it, Or if it would actually allow me to game harder without frame drops and such. If you think my computer can handle it please show me some Graphics cards that I could (should) purchase to get the best results out of my computer. Here are my specs.

--- Operating System ---

Build: 9200 64-bit

--- CPU ---

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz, clocked @ 2.99 GHz

--- Display adapter ---

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Driver version: 9.18.10.2989

--- RAM ---

Usage: 3410/12208 MBytes (12Gb)

Peak Usage: 3993 MBytes

I am also using DirectX 11. The computer is a HP Envy 700. Have any other questions, Please ask.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-envy...rive/8997042.p?id=1218968345257&skuId=8997042

Thanks!

Short answer, yes so long (and you should) as you have a pcie port open on the motherboard, it is a snap and very easy to do. Best way would be to look inside and make sure there is one free and slap one in.

Give us a budget and we can go from there.

Available Expansion Slots 3 PCI Express x1, 1 PCI Express x16

Looks like you can shove a graphics card in there. But, we need a photo of the power supply, or the specs of it. Need to see what the most powerful card you can put in there.

Available Expansion Slots 3 PCI Express x1, 1 PCI Express x16

Looks like you can shove a graphics card in there. But, we need a photo of the power supply, or the specs of it. Need to see what the most powerful card you can put in there.

Yeah the PSU will be an issue. The PC is very new so putting a GPU in will not be an issue.

Back