HP's Envy Move is a 24-inch, portable all-in-one for the work from home crowd

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: HP has introduced a peculiar all-in-one that looks to blend the best elements of a laptop and a desktop. The new HP Envy Move is a 23.8-inch all-in-one that's powered by up to a 13th gen Intel Core i5-1355U processor with Intel UHD Graphics, and can be configured with up to 32 GB of LPDDR5 memory and a 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD.

The standout feature is without a doubt the 23.8-inch QHD IPS touchscreen display, boasting a resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 and up to 300 nits of brightness. The display is far from what we'd consider large for a desktop PC, but it's colossal for a portable PC.

HP's latest creation measures 21.74 inches x 5.85 inches x 14.43 inches and weighs 9.04 pounds – not exactly light, but it could be worse. LG's curious StanbyMe Go features a larger 27-inch display stuffed inside a briefcase that weighs nearly 30 pounds.

The Envy Move features an integrated carrying handle, kickstand feet, and a keyboard pocket on the rear to facility transportation and usage. It also has a built-in battery that is good for up to four hours of runtime when away from a power source. The standard configuration also supports Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.3, features dual 5W speakers with audio from Bang & Olufsen, has a 5-megapixel privacy cam with an integrated privacy cover, and ships running Windows 11 Home.

HP's Envy Move is a curious creation, but one that could find some traction in the post-pandemic work from home segment. A large-screen portable like this could be an attractive alternative to a traditional laptop with a smaller screen and a fixed desktop with a bigger panel. It's portable enough for around-the-house repositioning, but I probably wouldn't take it with me on the go.

The new HP Envy Move is available to purchase now starting at $899.99 directly from HP. Best Buy also has a configuration starting at $999.99 that you should be able to pick up locally.

Permalink to story.

Looks really nice. I just hope it is possible to use the feets to put it bit higher above the surface. I think that is a perfect machine for a hybrid work.

Their laptop were not quite as bad as desktops, had a bad experience with a HP desktop that belonged to a senior citizen friend, it had poor design! The chip set had a built in storage controller and video with inadequate heat sink caused it to run hot and burn up the drive controller and the guy couldn't afford a new computer! I made it run for a while by adding a storage controller. Finally found an off lease Socket 775 Dell he could afford and it is still running today! 😁😁

Awful experiences with their consumer laptops, but IME there is no good consumer brand laptop left out there. Cheap, plastic, unrepairable garbage.,

Their business machines are nice, their keyboards were once top notch but today they are no different then typical dell/HP business machines. The thing I DO like about them is their use of AMD APUs, with USB 4 enabled, with 7500 mhz LPDDR5X memory, they are the only OEM to do so.

But they also have a habit of making terrible machines, like laptops with single channel RAM that cannot be upgraded, or socket AM4 desktops that only use bulldozer based a-12 chips and never got updated to take ryzens, or BIOS locking CPUs to motherboards, something HP and Dell dont do.

HP .... LOL .... I stopped doing business with them years ago. HP = haphazard product ....
We just moved from HP to Dell for our servers. The HP Gen 9 Server Blades were an absolute $h1T Show! I have had more server hardware failures in the past 6 years that I ever had in the past 28 years of my career.

Back