Can someone help my EAX problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I am a complete newbie to this forum, and I've exhausted all other means of support for my problem. I hope some kind soul out there can help me onthis!

My Audigy Gamer installs fine. I can use the pre-defined EAX settings in conjunction with playing MP3s, and I can hear the difference, so I know EAX works. I have a 4.1 speaker system (Altec Lansing 641s), so I have 4 speakers enabled in the Surround Mixer.

The problem is, is that when I play a game like Warcraft III or Neverwinter Nights, both of which Creative claims the Audigy supports fully, 3D positional sound and EAX enhancements are completely absent.

It's vexing because I can hear the EAX when I select the various settings in Windows, and I have tested in Surround Mixer and all of my four speakers work. However, when it gets to games, these settings don't seem to work even though I have them set correctly in-game.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I have downloaded the latest drivers including VIA 4-in-1, DirectX, and Audigy.

Thanks!

Please either respond to this or reply to sirianni@optonline.net if you can help.

Thanks again!

Are you setting the surround stuff in Windows sound setup or the Surround Mixer?

Also, when using the Creative Speaker Setup thingy, keep in mind that for each speaker configuration the EAX settings are different. E.g. if you set everything right for 4 speakers and switch to headphones, you'll get the defaults.

To use EAX in that game you need to set the Environment to "None" in the EAX Control Panel/Surround Mixer & enable it in the game (don't have it though so not sure exactly what the option would be).
Be sure in dxdiag.exe's Sound tab that the hardware acceleration slider is set to Full also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back