Cant get rid of this BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the bsod. I've gottenit before but never had a huge problem until now. I cant get to safe mode, or even last known good configuration. None of the advanced starting options are working, directory services restore mode,debuggingg mode, etc...They just send me to the bsod. Everytime I restart, it gives me the options, but just continues to go to the bsod.
The error I always get is:

0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0X8A326C21, 0XF789DC44, 0XF789D940)

I've tried googling it but i can only find up to 0X0000007E (0XC0000005. And this doesn't tell me anything.

Any suggestions? I'm running XP.

I cant even get it to boot from the xp cd. I went into bios reconfigured boot, saved,and it just goes to the startup option screen and gives the normal, safe, safe networking options with the countdown. The last thing I did right before this started was move a program that I have allways used, to the quick launch area.

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

Can you get to your minidumps at all?

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Nope

It only gets to the windows loading screen and jumps right to the BSOD with the same stop error. And those numbers is the only thing that shows up. I've tried all start up modes. Even the debugging mode jumps to the same BSOD.

I'm having the same problem with virtually the same stop error codes. I was able to install a second boot of XP on this same partition (I know thats a no no, but it was somewhat an accident.) This lets me know its no hardware issue being that all the same hardware works on this other boot, the problem is that I want to still be able to use my programs with are still installed...just that the registry information is on the unaccessible boot.

Or if there is a way to fix the stop error and just get back to work that would be magnificent.

The last thing I did right before this started was move a program that I have allways used, to the quick launch area.
Can you get to System Restore? If you can, try System Restore to point before you did this and see what happens. You can always undo the restore later.

Cant get that far. I can only get to that black Windows XP screen. I cant get any further than that. All safe mode options do the same.

I can take the harddrive out and put it into my external. can I do anything to fix it then? Like do a virus scan on that drive?

As for the harddrive, yes, if you slave it into another system you can a) do virus scans, b) transfer important data flash drives/DVDs, and c) run harddrive diagnostic tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back