Can't Install Java on Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here..

I'm using firefox 3.5.8

I am really stress because this Java problem that I've been experiencing. The thing is I can't install java on my windows vista it said "this action is only valid for products that are currently installed"

Here is the link for the java that I wanted to install java.com/en/download/inc/windows_new_xpi.jsp

I've installed before and I tried to uninstall it properly. I thought there are some remaining stuff, so I check with windows clean and I clean all of them that related with java, I also download shield object editor because before there is java icon in my control panel that stick there and doesn't want to go, but it all worked out the java icon is gone now in control panel.

When once again I tried to install the latest java online / offline. There will be some box appear and the message it said "this action is only valid for products that are currently installed".

What should I do ?

Can someone give any input or help ?

Any help please would be really appreciated.

Many thanks in advanced.

Try removing the already installed java. If you can't find it. Search through the registry you'll find it there. Remove it then install it again.

Hi thanks for the respond, I tried to removed the installed Java already. I can't find any others? What do you mean though by finding it on registry ? Where can i find on the registry ? Can you give me some steps to follow ? Please.. I'd appreciated.

Thanks Normanepps.

one more thing if by what you mean registry editior from start-run-regedit I tried that and there's no more item called java overthere. I deleted them already. so any other clue? thanks before.

"That is the plugin for the browser, but it requires the
JRE from here java.com/en/download/manual.jsp"

Thanks Jobeard Yeah i tried the link that you gave me. It appeared the same thing which is "this action is only valid for products that are currently installed"

So what should I do ? I can't even open some software without Java.

Thanks in advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back