Cant Remember Router Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogenmaster

I just installed a LInkssys wireless router for a home network and internet sharing. Set it all up and everything has been going well. My son and I were trying to play NOLF2 multiplayer and couldn't get it started. I remember seeing a section in the router setup for allowing gaming on certain ports and NOLF2 was trying to use port 27888. Well I was going to setup the router to allow gaming on port 27888 but I changed the router user name from admin and have no idea what I used. What can I do about this?

Yes resetting the router will reset the default UN/PW, it will also reset all other settings as well, so you may need to reconfigure it for your internet connection after you reset it. Many cable ISPs require no settings but if you have dsl you'll prolly have to set it to PPPoe and enter your UN/PW for your dsl account into the proper section of the router.

in most linksys home routers, you can't change the username and the default password is admin. i noticed that you said you changed the user name from admin. if that fails you probably have to reset the router to facroty settings. updating the firmware on a router usually cleares out any changes, if that helps.

Thanks

Reseting worked.....Thanks for the advice. I sure have a lot to learn about networking. Thought I new computers pretty well but this networking stuff is really frustrating. Set up a home network between my windows 2000 machine downstairs and this one and took me all day and several beers later to get it to work.

Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back