Can't seem to get rid of Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterpickle

Hi,

I've followed the 8 steps and though it cleared a lot of spyware, I still seem to have a virus. I have done some googling and i am worried it could be a Virut infection, which apparently can only be removed from a complete formatting.

oashdihasidhasuidhiasdhiashdiuasdhasd - I have this file in my users folder and there was a v.exe there as well, which i deleted.

I have used malwarebytes, S + B, Adaware, superantispyware, Stopzilla (which though has terrible reviews seem to find an awful lot more than the others), and still the problem remains.

I believe the infection came from p2p software but i have scanned the file i was downloading and nothing seems to come up. I have of course uninstalled it all.

Can anyone help?!

Welcome to TewchSpot, peterpickle. I'll help with the malware.

I would ask that you not bump a thread. 10 hours is hardly enought time to worry about not having a reply. Please have patience. It is time consuming to review every entry in the logs.

Please update and rescan with Malwarebytes and Superantispyware.
Attach those two logs in the next reply.

Rescan with HijackThis after the two previous programs. Paste that log into the next reply.

I see at least three entries of concern in the HijackThis log. One I'll have to ask about: are you viewing a Chinese video/news website?

P2P or 'file sharing: P2P Warning:
Note: Even if you are using a "safe" P2P program, it is only the program that is safe. I suggest that you uninstall this for the following reasons:
  • As long as you are using file sharing networks and programs which are from sources that are not documented, you cannot verity that a download is legitimate.
  • Malware writers use these program to include malicious content.
  • Fie sharing is usually unmonitored and there is a danger that your private files might be accessed.
  • The'sharing' also includes malware that the shared system has on it.
  • Files that are illegal can be spread through file sharing.

Please read the information on P2P Warning to help you better understand these dangers.

I will be recommending that you uninstall the P2P program. IF you decde not to, please do not use it when we are cleaning.

Firstly, apologies about bumping the thread - thought it would get lost amongst all the others.

And yes, I have sopcast and various other programs which I sometimes use to watch tv online. I have had them for years and never had any problems.

I have uninstalled the p2p program i was using. Is there ever a safe way to use a program like that without catching anything?

Thank you for the help!

Please run a full system scan with Avast. Save the log and attach it in next reply.

Please reopen HijackThis to 'do system scan only'. Check the following entries if present:

O9 - Extra button: Ãâ·Ñ¾«²ÊÊÓƵ³¬Á÷³©ÔÚÏß¹Û¿´ - {022C4009-5283-4365-97BF-144054B40E2E} - http://itv.mop.com (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ²¥°ÔµçÊÓ - {022C4009-5283-4365-97BF-144054B40E2E} - http://itv.mop.com (file missing)

Close all Windows except HijackThis and click on Fix Checked.

Please download ComboFix HERE:
  • With ComboFix, at the download window, please rename it to Combo-Fix(.exe) before downloading it.
  • Please disable all security programs, such as antiviruses, antispywares, and firewalls. Also disable your internet connection.
  • Run Combo-Fix.exe and follow the prompts.
    (Understand that things like your system clock changing and your desktop disappearing might happen. Do not worry, because all will be restored later.)
  • Wait for the scan to be completed.
  • If it requires a reboot, please do it.
• After the scan has completed entirely, please attach report in next reply The log will be located at C:\ComboFix(.txt)

Notes:

• 1.Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
    2. ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making I-E the default browser.
    3. Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CD, floppy and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you -- please tell your helper.
    4. CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.

Rescan with HijackThis and PASTE new log into next reply.

So I want Avast log, Combofix reports attach.
HijackThis log pasted.

I followed the instructions but when combo fix finished nothing would open as everytime i clicked on something it would come up with a window saying - cannot open program as registry key is set for deletion.

After restarting computer, it was fine to open programs again. But hijack log when doing its scan came up with an error box.

Here is its log ...

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:46:26 AM, on 10/26/2009
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16711)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WLTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\Dell\MediaDirect\PCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\sttray.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cfp.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\I8kfanGUI\I8kfanGUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 7\PCSuite.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Network Assistant\ezi_hnm2.exe
C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DevDtct2.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 7\OneTouchAccess.exe
C:\Program Files\Opera\opera.exe
C:\Windows\system32\WerCon.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cfpupdat.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O1 - Hosts: 64.91.255.87 www.dcsresearch.com
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Skype add-on (mastermind) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Veoh Browser Plug-in - {D0943516-5076-4020-A3B5-AEFAF26AB263} - C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\Veoh\Plugins\reg\VeohToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\Windows\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\MediaDirect\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\sttray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVHotkey] rundll32.exe C:\Windows\system32\nvHotkey.dll,Start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [COMODO Internet Security] "C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cfp.exe" -h
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (reboot)] "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /runcleanupscript
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [i8kfangui] C:\Program Files\I8kfanGUI\I8kfanGUI.exe /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PC Suite Tray] "C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 7\PCSuite.exe" -onlytray
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Dell Network Assistant.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Device Detector 3.lnk = C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DevDtct2.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - res://C:\Windows\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Skype - {77BF5300-1474-4EC7-9980-D32B190E9B07} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {1E54D648-B804-468d-BC78-4AFFED8E262F} (System Requirements Lab) - http://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload/srl/3.0.0.4/srl_bin/sysreqlab_nvd.cab
O16 - DPF: {3EA4FA88-E0BE-419A-A732-9B79B87A6ED0} (CTVUAxCtrl Object) - http://dl.tvunetworks.com/TVUAx.cab
O16 - DPF: {6F750202-1362-4815-A476-88533DE61D0C} (Kodak Gallery Easy Upload Manager Class) - http://www.kodakgallery.com/downloads/BUM/BUM_WIN_IE_2/axofupld.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {FEE1002D-90A5-4A5D-AABE-01803FFBCF7A} - http://iptv.zgzcw.com/pCastCtl_1.0.0.89_20080808.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{589CAF58-97A0-4B35-BD29-B28E420D4AF0}: NameServer = 10.203.129.68 10.203.129.68
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{589CAF58-97A0-4B35-BD29-B28E420D4AF0}: NameServer = 10.203.129.68 10.203.129.68
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\Windows\System32\guard32.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: B's Recorder GOLD Library General Service (bgsvcgen) - B.H.A Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\bgsvcgen.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: COMODO Internet Security Helper Service (cmdAgent) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdagent.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Advanced Networking Service (hnmsvc) - SingleClick Systems - C:\Program Files\Dell Network Assistant\hnm_svc.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: lxbc_device - - C:\Windows\system32\lxbccoms.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SBSD Security Center Service (SBSDWSCService) - Safer Networking Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
O23 - Service: SigmaTel Audio Service (STacSV) - SigmaTel, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\STacSV.exe
O23 - Service: SAMSUNG WiselinkPro Service (WiselinkPro) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Samsung\SAMSUNG PC Share Manager\WiselinkPro.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

--
End of file - 8609 bytes

Sorry for the delay- I'm trying to catch up.

peter, it doesn't look like you ever have Avast quarantine what it finds- looks like you just keep adding Worm after Worm!

I see 7 months of infections in the Avast log with no indication of Quarantine. you need to open Avast, check the settings, run it again. IF the files aren't being quarantined, then you're just adding malware.

After the malware is quarantined, go into the program and delete the quarantined files.

There is also an entry that shows a pirated program:
TubeHunter.Ultra.v3.0.2755.0.Cracked

You will need to remove that if you want continued support.

You mentioned an error when trying to run Combofix, then included the report. How did you manage that?

And what was the error that came up with HijackThis? These things are important for me to know. The can give information about a system problem or the malware itself.

You need to clean up the temp files because some have malware:

TFC (Temp File Cleaner)

Download TFC to your desktop
  • Open the file and close any other windows.
  • It will close all programs itself when run, make sure to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. The program should not take long to finish its job
  • Once its finished it should reboot your machine, if not, do this yourself to ensure a complete clean

TFC only cleans temp folders. TFC will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies. Depending on how often someone cleans their temp folders, their system hardware, and how many accounts are present, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or more. TFC will completely clear all temp files where other temp file cleaners may fail. TFC requires a reboot immediately after running. Be sure to save any unsaved work before running TFC.

TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder.

Looks like you downloaded and use a program named Trojan Remover from SimpleSoft on the same day you ran the scans.Ho about disabling it so we can see the Trojans- is any?

Spybot Search & Destroy is outdated. Suggest you either update it or remove it.

So do the following:
1. Remove the pirated program.
2. Run the AV and delete the files in the quarantine.
3. run the Temporary File Cleaner

Let me know your systum after doing the above.

*****cough cough

combofix log said:
MBR rootkit code detected !
malicious code @ sector 0x12a19000 size 0x1ad !
copy of MBR has been found in sector 62 !
MBR rootkit infection detected ! Use: "mbr.exe -f" to fix.
PE file found in sector at 0x012A19000 !

Thank you kritius- that went right over my head! That's why he hasn't been able to get rid of the malware!

We'll see if he's going to remove that pirated program, then deal with the rootkit.

I have uninstalled the program and I ran Avast. It came up with one issue.

I really dont know how I havent been using the AV properly. Whenever it comes up with something one can either "continue" or "cancel". I just assumed it deleted it when I pressed continue. I went to the chest and found 4 or so files that were infected and i deleted them.

I cant remember what hijack said when it showed an error but it hasnt happened since. Combofix ran fine, it was afterwards that I found the problem.

I have attached another log, just in case.

Here's what you do:

malwarebytes antimalware
gmer

both free. Change the name of the executables if necessary. Run both in safe mode. Should sort it.

peter, you have malware in the Master Boot Record.

Please click on Start> Run> type in mbr.exe -f > enter. Note space between exe and -f.

After this has completed, I want you to uninstall, then reinstall Combofix and scan again:

# Uninstall ComboFix.exe And all Backups of the files it deleted

* Click START then RUN
* Now type Combofix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
CF_Uninstall-1.jpg

Rescan with HijackThis and paste new log in next reply.

Okay to attach Combofix report.

Hopefully you have deleted all the entries in the AV program also.

I forgot to tell you to Empty the Recycle Bin.

AntiMoronic, if ytou read the post, you will see what is being run.

firstly when i type in mbr.exe -f - all that happens is a box pops up for a second and then closes

and when i followed your instructions to uninstall combofix, it says it cant find it. Combofix.exe is still there on the desktop so dont know why it cant.

I downloaded gmer (before i saw your post) and ran a scan. I didnt know what to do with the results, but ive attached a log just in case

Thank you kritius.

peter, are you still noticing any of the previous symptoms? I'd like you to d an online AV scan and rescan with HijackThis.

We'll use Eset as there seems to be s problem with Kaspersky right now.

Run Eset NOD32 Online AntiVirus Scanner HERE

Note: You will need to use Internet Explorer for this scan.
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the Active X control to install
  • Disable your current Antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notification Tray icon near the clock.
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked, and the option "Scan unwanted applications" is checked
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Re-enable your Antivirus software.
  • A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please include this on your post.

So attach the Eset log and paste in the new HJT log in next reply.

Please describe any problems you notice with the system, if any.

Hi,

About to run Esset, but this morning i had an error message - 0xC004D401 "the security processor reported a file mismatch error". I apparently will no longer recieve window updates now.

Within a few seconds Avast found a rootkit problem. I have attached the log. I moved the file to the chest - (is there anyway to now delete it without having to do a scan?!)

The windows error has popped up a few times now.

When running Hijack I got this error

an unexpected error modregistry_inigetstring(sfile=system.ini,sSection=boot,svalue=Shell) Error 5

C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\services.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\Windows\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WLTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\Dell\MediaDirect\PCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\sttray.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cfp.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\I8kfanGUI\I8kfanGUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 7\PCSuite.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Network Assistant\ezi_hnm2.exe
C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DevDtct2.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Windows\system32\bgsvcgen.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Network Assistant\hnm_svc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lxbccoms.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft LifeCam\MSCamS32.exe
C:\Windows\system32\STacSV.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe
C:\Windows\system32\WerCon.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\Transports\NclUSBSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\Transports\NclRSSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Opera\opera.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
C:\Users\Will\AppData\Local\Temp\n.exn
C:\Windows\system32\conime.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe,C:\Windows\system32\sdra64.exe,
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O1 - Hosts: 64.91.255.87 www.dcsresearch.com
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Skype add-on (mastermind) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Veoh Browser Plug-in - {D0943516-5076-4020-A3B5-AEFAF26AB263} - C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\Veoh\Plugins\reg\VeohToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\Windows\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\MediaDirect\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\sttray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVHotkey] rundll32.exe C:\Windows\system32\nvHotkey.dll,Start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [COMODO Internet Security] "C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cfp.exe" -h
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (reboot)] "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /runcleanupscript
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [i8kfangui] C:\Program Files\I8kfanGUI\I8kfanGUI.exe /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PC Suite Tray] "C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 7\PCSuite.exe" -onlytray
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Dell Network Assistant.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Device Detector 3.lnk = C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DevDtct2.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - res://C:\Windows\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Skype - {77BF5300-1474-4EC7-9980-D32B190E9B07} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {1E54D648-B804-468d-BC78-4AFFED8E262F} (System Requirements Lab) - http://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload/srl/3.0.0.4/srl_bin/sysreqlab_nvd.cab
O16 - DPF: {3EA4FA88-E0BE-419A-A732-9B79B87A6ED0} (CTVUAxCtrl Object) - http://dl.tvunetworks.com/TVUAx.cab
O16 - DPF: {6F750202-1362-4815-A476-88533DE61D0C} (Kodak Gallery Easy Upload Manager Class) - http://www.kodakgallery.com/downloads/BUM/BUM_WIN_IE_2/axofupld.cab
O16 - DPF: {7530BFB8-7293-4D34-9923-61A11451AFC5} - http://download.eset.com/special/eos-beta/OnlineScanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {FEE1002D-90A5-4A5D-AABE-01803FFBCF7A} - http://iptv.zgzcw.com/pCastCtl_1.0.0.89_20080808.cab
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\Windows\System32\guard32.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: B's Recorder GOLD Library General Service (bgsvcgen) - B.H.A Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\bgsvcgen.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: COMODO Internet Security Helper Service (cmdAgent) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdagent.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Advanced Networking Service (hnmsvc) - SingleClick Systems - C:\Program Files\Dell Network Assistant\hnm_svc.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: lxbc_device - - C:\Windows\system32\lxbccoms.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SBSD Security Center Service (SBSDWSCService) - Safer Networking Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
O23 - Service: SigmaTel Audio Service (STacSV) - SigmaTel, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\STacSV.exe
O23 - Service: SAMSUNG WiselinkPro Service (WiselinkPro) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Samsung\SAMSUNG PC Share Manager\WiselinkPro.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

peter, you AV scan is still showing old entries. The log begins here:

12/22/2008 1:19:02 AM SYSTEM 1640 Function setifaceUpdatePackages() has failed. Return code is 0x20000004, dwRes is 20000004.
This looks like the program couldn't update.

Then it shows this:
2/22/2009 11:19:14 AM Will 4040 Sign of "Win32:Keygen-BE [Tool]" has been found in "c:\users\will\appdata\local\temp\rar$ex00.179\avast.pro.v4.8.1169.new.keymaker.only-core\keygen.exe\[PECompact]" file.

From Microsoft:
HackTool:Win32/Keygen is the detection for a tool that generates keys for illegally-obtained versions of Adobe Photoshop CS3. When run, it shows the following image:
3155bc6ccc34676.jpg

T add insult to injury, it appears you have even pirated the antivirus program!
2/22/2009 11:19:14 AM Will 4040 Sign of "Win32:Keygen-BE [Tool]" has been found in "c:\users\will\appdata\local\temp\rar$ex00.179\avast.pro.v4.8.1169.new.keymaker.only-core\keygen.exe\[PECompact]" file.

I am ending my support on this. I suggest you wipe all the illegal software off the computer and start new, with legitimate programs that you pay for.

a school friend put a whole load of programs on, so apologies if they shouldnt be there. You can probably tell from my responses that i know nothing about computers!

Well thanks for the help anyway, though i think it has more issues than when i started!

Some times 'friend's' may mean well, but in this case, they did you a disservice. The Avast antivirus program is free, but 'suites' that usually combine an AV, firewall and anti-spyware cost $. You need to get rid of it all and start over, with a clean system. And you might want to keep that 'friend' away!

Here are some tips for you to help you stay safe and put reliable "free" programs on the clean system:
Please follow these simple steps to keep your computer clean and secure:
1.Disable and Enable System Restore: This will help you to drop the old restore points and set a new, clean one:

System Restore Guide

2.Stay current on updates:
  • Visit the Microsoft Download Sitefrequently.
    You should get All updates marked Critical and the current SP updates:Windows 2000> SP4, Windows XP> SP2, SP3, Vista> SP1
  • Visit this site[Adobe Readeroften and make sure you have the most current update. Uninstall any earlier updates as they are vulnerabilities.
  • Check this site often.Java Updates Stay current as most updates are for security. Uninstall any earlier versions in Add/Remove Programs.

3.Make Internet Explorer safer. Follow the suggestions HERE
This Tutorial will help guide you through Configuring Security Settings, Managing Active X Controls and other safety features.

4.Remove Temporary Internet Files regularly: Use5. Use an AntiVirus Software(only one)
6.Use a good, bi-directional firewall(one software firewall)
[*]See Understanding and Using Firewalls including links to download a firewall.

7.Consider these programs for Extra Security
  • Spywareblaster:
  • SpywareBlaster protects against bad ActiveX. It places kill bits to stop bad Active X controls from being installed. Remember to update it regularly.
  • IE/Spyad
  • This places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
  • MVPS Hosts files This replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer.
  • Google Toolbar Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.

These won't help you now on the 'dirty' system, but set them up after you cleanup.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know. Help and support is only given in the forums but you can send a PM to me and bring my attention
back to the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back