Cards for SLI, can these pair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorg

Hey

I just got me a P5N32-SLI Deluxe, to fit my new Intel 930 chip in. And i am interested in utilizing the SLI option aswell, but have the following cards at the moment.

One is GF 6800 w/256MB ram, (the text in the display properties says just GeForce 6800) and a GeForce 6800 GT w/256MB ram.

I know in the manual it states that they should be identical, but is this identical enough, or does it actually have to be completely identical?

Maybe if the video bios version is the same it would be ok or? I just havent toyed around with SLI since 3DFX WoDoo II, so i am a little novice on nvidia's system sofar.

If this proves to not be an option, i guess i would be looking at buying another of the GT model, or maybe get 2 7800 cards, it would just hurt my wallet a lot ;)

They have to be the same model exactly (same core, same memory configuration/size, same BIOS).

Thanks for the replies, that pretty much cleared that up.. and since one card is a straight 6800 and the other is a GT, i guess there is no way about to get those to work together.

They can be from different vendors as long as they have the same specifications (core speed, mem speed/configuration, etc.), they still have to be the same type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back