Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver

Amaze

Hi, I had some issues with a HDD around this time last year, so I replaced it with a new western digital HDD. I wasn't able to back anything up, so I cloned it instead.

turns out I installed the incorrect driver for my video card and suffered from the BSOD syndrome....

well, I finally got that sorted out, ( I think ) and now I am trying relentlessly to get catalyst pro control center to work properly. Ive read numerous places online that involves editing the Assembly folder, but I have no such keys in there.

when I try and run CCC, it tells me that I am unable to run as I wouldn't be able to change any settings within the app basically. Ive tried uninstalling, installing. trying ATI opposed to AMD- to no anvil.

I know for a fact that I had CCC on this pc, but it almost seems impossible to get up and running, I am very desperate to get this up and running.

thanx in advance :D

Hhhmmmm... let's take a look

List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

There were no problem devices found, ran the DxDiag and it appeared there no problems found there either o.O

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    40.9 KB · Views: 2
Here's my best shot:
1. Go to HD website. Reinstall the chipset drivers.
2. CCC uses MS Netframework. Look here . Use the tool to remove all current versions of net framework on your machine
3. Go to CntlPnl->Programs and Features. Look for ATI/Catalyst entries and uninstall them from there
4. Reboot. You should now be running on the Windows generic graphic driver.
5. Start running Windows Update. Instal all Express updates. Check custom updates and be sure to install anything about netframe work. If you need to reboot, continue with Win Update till it says no more updates you need
6. Run AMD Autodetect tool. Let it tell what drivers and CCC versions to load

Hope it helps <keeping fingers crossed>

Back