CDRW/DVD not listed in device manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

supportme

Hi,

Ihave a CDRW/DVD combo, it is not detected in device manager, but in my Computer it is shown as Removable Disk, i have tried unplugging and replugging, tried ad new h/w wizard also, I have two OS installed, 98 and XP, it has been working properly for all these years, but now i have the problem, please help me,

Hi,

This is a common problem with a simple solution. In Device Manager make sure that DMA is OFF for the CDROM. Also update IDE drivers.
Also try hitting the Windows Key (on keyboard) and Pause key at the same time, or go to control panel and open System. Go to device manager and locate your CD-Rom Drive. D-click it and go to the settings tab. There should be a box where you can check/uncheck Removable. Mine is greyed out so I can't do anything to it. See if your is checked and uncheck it. If not, let us know.

Good luck,

Regards,

Korrupt

i am able to open device manager,

the problem is that the CDRW/DVD is not listed in device manager, and in My Computer it is removable disk, i dont have the CDROM device listed in the device manager, in both 98 and XP, it is detected in BIOS, i tried deleting secondary IDE channel, please reply, thanx

Replace the IDE ribbon cable that conects to the cd drive.
Check the power is getting to the drive ok.
Check bios settings are correct, or loaded to "optimum".
remove the IDE and power cable from the drive, boot up to windows and shut down a gain, reinstall the cable and hope (maybe pray as well :p) that windows driver will pick it up again..

sounds like external opitical disc drive
this is removable to windows
if thats the case the vender may have software for it
is it USB??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back