CES 2022 will require attendees to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Knight

Staff member
What just happened? The Consumer Technology Association (CTA), organizers of the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, announced back in April that it was planning to return to Sin City in 2022 with an in-person experience. The CTA this week doubled down on that promise, albeit with one big catch.

As outlined in its latest press release, the CTA will require provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination to attend the show.

CTA president and CEO Gary Shapiro said that based on today’s science, they understand vaccines offer the best hope for stopping the spread of the virus.

The CTA is also assessing the acceptance of proof of a positive antibody test as an alternative requirement, and will share more information on that front at a later date. Details regarding which types of vaccines are acceptable weren’t shared, nor do we know if there will be any exceptions for religious purposes or for those with medical conditions that prevent them from getting vaccinated.

CES 2022 is scheduled to run from January 5 through the 8th in Las Vegas. Monday, January 3, and Tuesday, January 4, are designated as official media days. The CTA is anticipating more than 1,000 companies to participate in the physical show.

A virtual component is also being planned for those that can’t make it to Las Vegas that will run parallel to the in-person program.

As we’ve seen time and again, pandemic guidelines can change at the drop of a hat. We’re still more than four months out from the start of CES 2022, and the landscape could look totally different – for better or for worse – by that point. Personally, I’d hold off on booking a flight and hotel room until a bit closer to January.

Permalink to story.

And that will guarantee....what...exactly? Nothing.

This is the lamest attempt at taking over the world I've ever seen. You have to have the brain the size of a peanut not to see the game being played in daylight.

You can get vaxxed and still get the virus and its variants. So, this requirement is just insane. But do most American zombies care? Probably not.

"Get vaxxed....go to stupid CES show....no big deal. Pass the mustard please. I'm hungry".

I hope they lose so much business that they cant cover the costs of the venue. And every other business that follows suit.

I live in Hawaii, where until recently we required incoming travelers to take a viral test (shows whether you have a current infection) in the 48 hours prior to arrival. Even as travelers increased from near nothing to close to normal levels, the virus remained under control.

Recently we switched to accepting proof of vaccination as an alternative. Also recently, covid-19 cases increased significantly. I would no longer consider the situation under control.

Bottom line, vaccination does not equal immunity to infection and is not an effective substitute for a current viral test. (It is still an easy and inexpensive way to significantly mitigate the severity of health risks from becoming infected with covid-19 so of course you should still get vaccinated.)

This is the lamest attempt at taking over the world I've ever seen. You have to have the brain the size of a peanut not to see the game being played in daylight.

You can get vaxxed and still get the virus and its variants. So, this requirement is just insane. But do most American zombies care? Probably not.

"Get vaxxed....go to stupid CES show....no big deal. Pass the mustard please. I'm hungry".

I hope they lose so much business that they cant cover the costs of the venue. And every other business that follows suit.

Please stop spewing this utter nonsense. We're not living in a video game.

This seems like a reasonable move. Why not mandate being vaccinated and wearing masks for those who choose to participate in public events like these?

We used to ship people off to leper colonies. We should be thankful that modern science has reduced many serious diseases to something that for many - tho not all - persons is hardly more than an inconvenience. It is sad to see so many acting as if it is outrageous to ask people for some minor effort in doing their part.

This seems like a reasonable move. Why not mandate being vaccinated and wearing masks for those who choose to participate in public events like these?

We used to ship people off to leper colonies. We should be thankful that modern science has reduced many serious diseases to something that for many - tho not all - persons is hardly more than an inconvenience. It is sad to see so many acting as if it is outrageous to ask people for some minor effort in doing their part.
What diseases has modern science done away with exactly? They have a drug for anything and everything that ailes the modern sick world. But cure a disease???? Those are blasphemous words to a vaccine company who can profit off of boosters for life. Please dont ever use that dirty word again. You'll anger them all.
Theres no money in "curing" anything. Except maybe epoxy driveways. Oh, and turkeys and hams.

But cure a disease???? Those are blasphemous words to a vaccine company who can profit off of boosters for life.

Polio has been eradicated from most of the world using using the Polio vaccine. Smallpox has been completely eradicated using the Smallpox vaccine. Exactly the same for Rinderpest.

Ignorance of science like this is legendary among deniers. Keep it coming, very entertaining!

Polio has been eradicated from most of the world using using the Polio vaccine. Smallpox has been completely eradicated using the Smallpox vaccine. Exactly the same for Rinderpest.

Ignorance of science like this is legendary among deniers. Keep it coming, very entertaining!

There is a big difference between Covid and smallpox or polio. Smallpox and polio only have human receptors. In other words only humans can spread them. So pretty easy to knock out. Covid/SARS has multiple animal receptors so it can travel easier and is mutate. You know science.

What diseases has modern science done away with exactly? They have a drug for anything and everything that ailes the modern sick world. But cure a disease???? Those are blasphemous words to a vaccine company who can profit off of boosters for life. Please dont ever use that dirty word again. You'll anger them all.
Theres no money in "curing" anything. Except maybe epoxy driveways. Oh, and turkeys and hams.
Ok, you provide a compelling argument.

Now I feel like burning something. Let's go find some witches.

There is a big difference between Covid and smallpox or polio. Smallpox and polio only have human receptors. In other words only humans can spread them. So pretty easy to knock out. Covid/SARS has multiple animal receptors so it can travel easier and is mutate. You know science.

Yup, that's exactly the point. There are only a very few diseases that can be effectively eradicated as they have no animal reservoirs. But that nuance is missing from people who claim that the point of medicine is to make money by never curing diseases. It's close to (completely?) impossible to eradicate any disease than can just hop into wild animals to live for a while and then hop back into people to infect again.

Last edited:
Most cures are for bacteria ie antibiotics - and that is not perfect.
Virii are notoriously hard to kill without damaging the host body. Remember the early HIV drugs.
Virii are not life as we know it - without a host - it can't reproduce - least bacteria. have a chance to grow in a petri dish . Lot's of virii have no cures - eg herpes . So vaccinations and/or priming our immune system is a good defense

What is much more interesting here is the science of fairness , rewards and punishments .
Probably some of the outraged people here - feel outrage when folks try to claim the kudos of being an ex-Vet ( military service ) - and are happy people hunt them down and out them .
Well lots of people taking vaccinations , wearing masks, social distancing etc do so not only for self health , but in the knowledge of helping society as a whole . So yes they are happy you can not attend - yes they are annoyed with you take up an ICUs because of your stance.
People will even punish themselves not to let spongers and leeches not have rewards - lots of research papers .
So if you are angry - just remember you are like the fake Vet , or that cowardly person who thinks it ok to kick someone on the ground after they have been beaten by the tough guys - the rest of us are just saying screw you - you want rewards even though you put my family at risk .- we still won't deny you that ventilator - but we are annoyed .

Prove the vaccine effective first, look at the number in the world, the dead cause by vaccine is more than virus, and study carefully what is inside the vaccine, why so many get blood clot and heart problem. You can ask people to prove the health but not force people to vaccine or strip their rights because they are not getting a vaccine.

Prove the vaccine effective first, look at the number in the world, the dead cause by vaccine is more than virus,
Your sources of information are either deceiving you or misled themselves. Stop the spread of outright falsehoods.
and study carefully what is inside the vaccine, why so many get blood clot and heart problem.
That does not apply to all vaccines, there are actually very few cases, and risk/reward profile is immensely beneficial.

Prove the vaccine effective first, look at the number in the world, the dead cause by vaccine is more than virus

Hmmm, no numbers or references to back up that statement, I wonder why?

and study carefully what is inside the vaccine, why so many get blood clot and heart problem. You can ask people to prove the health but not force people to vaccine or strip their rights because they are not getting a vaccine.

What's the rate of those things per 100K covid-vaccinated people? What's the rate of death from covid per 100K covid-vaccinated people? What's the rate of death from covid per 100K non-covid-vaccinated people?

When you compare those rates you'll see why people are getting vaccinated.

this,
if you cant see that drug companies are greedy and not making new innovative cures then u are blind. the easy route is to have everyone get boosters every 6 months... and why not get the government/big cooperations involved to force people to do this. guaranteed money baby. this originally was about stopping the spread... so the vvaccine was promised... the vaccine isnt stopping the spread.... now they want to force you to get a vaccine that doesn't stop the spread. crazy... if I dont get the vaccine it DOESNT affect those that have been vaccinated as its spreading equally from both. so you do you and ill do me

Go get vaccinated and stop acting childish.

Seriously though, since when did techspot become a gathering sport for antivaxxers who can't see left from right?

It's annoying to have to read such nonsense and I hope the mods start banning people who are spreading this BS.

Roflmao....Lew Zealand the science guy.. the religion of science and its followers

It's annoying to have to read such nonsense and I hope the mods start banning people who are spreading this BS.
^^This

Techspot deleted one of my posts once that wasn't even rude, I was literally saying hello to an old friend on here who I hadn't seen comment in a while. That got deleted for literally no reason.
But they're fine with actual harmful lies being spread such as:
the dead cause by vaccine is more than virus.
and
That's fine to have up on a comment section, but saying "Hi! Haven't seen you around here in a while!" is a complete no go...

I think anti- vaxxers are lacking the ability for higher meta-analysis.
Most of the stuff they spout doesn't even pass the basic sniff test - eg 10% of people getting the vaccination are dying - I see claims like this . Ok if 100 Million vaccinated - that means 10 million deaths - er really ?
I don't add up my supermarket trolly - but I have a feel from throwing stuff in it what the final price will be .
Most of us are aware of effects on our ability - I'm drunk as skunk &/or just pulled a 36 hour shift - better drive more carefully or get a taxi.
Unfortunately lacking this ability can be due to frontal brain impairment - so normally when your memory is worsening - you use aids to help - but with some brain damage - you are not aware.
If doing a pub quiz in a team - the ability to assess how well you know the answer is very useful - as to whose answer you choose .
I've been mystify a few times in life offering some a better deal - and no matter how I explain it - they think you are trying to cheat them .

I understand hesitancy - you never know - all the people who went out and look at the pretty light in the sky died - yet those in the superpenitenuary , and in hospital that couldn't moved survived - so the post-apocalyptic world was made up with hardened criminals and few normals ( some SF I read as a kid - Maybe Ray Bradbury short)

The other thing is one of the reasons juries can get it wrong - some people can not weigh all the evidence and will focus on one thing that makes their belief . Even if there is one thing that refutes it . Eg if the earth is flat - why in the northern summer is the north pole with 24 hour sun and the south pole with no sun ?

Hey Steve Jobs thought feeding his growing cancer tumours fructose (fruits ) in abundance they like as an energy source would cure him - he just knew the truth - it just felt right

Last edited:
I think anti- vaxxers are lacking the ability for higher meta-analysis.
Most of the stuff they spout doesn't even pass the basic sniff test - eg 10% of people getting the vaccination are dying - I see claims like this . Ok if 100 Million vaccinated - that means 10 million deaths - er really ?
I don't add up my supermarket trolly - but I have a feel from throwing stuff in it what the final price will be .
Most of us are aware of effects on our ability - I'm drunk as skunk &/or just pulled a 36 hour shift - better drive more carefully or get a taxi.
Unfortunately lacking this ability can be due to frontal brain impairment - so normally when your memory is worsening - you use aids to help - but with some brain damage - you are not aware.
If doing a pub quiz in a team - the ability to assess how well you know the answer is very useful - as to whose answer you choose .
I've been mystify a few times in life offering some a better deal - and no matter how I explain it - they think you are trying to cheat them .

I understand hesitancy - you never know - all the people who went out and look at the pretty light in the sky died - yet those in the superpenitenuary , and in hospital that couldn't moved survived - so the post-apocalyptic world was made up with hardened criminals and few normals ( some SF I read as a kid - Maybe Ray Bradbury short)

The other thing is one of the reasons juries can get it wrong - some people can not weigh all the evidence and will focus on one thing that makes their belief . Even if there is one thing that refutes it . Eg if the earth is flat - why in the northern summer is the north pole with 24 hour sun and the south pole with no sun ?

Hey Steve Jobs thought feeding his growing cancer tumours fructose (fruits ) in abundance they like as an energy source would cure him - he just knew the truth - it just felt right

So everyone who disagrees with you is less mentally capable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back