Chaintech 7KJD Install Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,
I am trying to finish building my second system. This one was a budget system which I would be able to test progs, new hardware, learn to OC etc, I bought a Chaintech 7KJD Mobo as it was on sale at Microcenter PC for $29 after rebate. Since its a budget system I figured what the heck, Anyways, I built my first system with 0 problems, the MSI manual was much better than this Chaintech one though. I have not been able to get this stupid board to power up. My memory, VGA card, and power supplies are all good. I sent a email to Chaintech tech support, but their reply was inadequte. Has anyone used this board?? I am pretty sure I am just missing a jumper or have the voltage set incorrectly, but am not sure where to go from here! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Is that CPU a 0.18 Palomino or a 0.13 Thoroughbred ?

I took a look at the last BIOS release & Release 5.0 says this :

Feature : 1.Update BIOS code to new AMD CPU

Can't really say what CPU that is.

Chaintech 7KJD

What does the system do when you power it on ? Do the fans spin ? Do you get any beep whatsoever ?

The CPU is an Athlon XP 2000+. It is the 266FSB version. Last night I finally got it to power on, but it will not post. No beeps, just the hard drive and optical drives doing a delf check. The monitor never evens comes up...

Thanks for all the help everyone!! I finally got the board to a shop and they said it is just a bad board, tried new ram, VGA, power supply...the works. I took it back and got a slightly older shuttle board, still has everything I need, and the manual is waaaay more friendly!

I got that board last spring for $40 and its been trouble free and overclocks pretty decently. Its in my second system now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back