CMOS checksum error: Default loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have just finish building my first computer. After I powered it on, I was asked to press Del to enter Setup. But when I pressed Del, nothing appeared on the screen. When I restarted the computer, I got this message "CMOS checksum error: Default loaded". When I pressed either F1 or Del, nothing happened. I have not yet installed the OS.
I'm using the ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard, AMD X2 3800+, 2GB of RAM DDR400 (PC3200), SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series SP2504C 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive.
All the parts are brand new.
How do I fix this problem? Thanks a lot

Could be a RAM problem, try one stick at a time. You can also try them in different slots, and make sure they're seated correctly.

PSU? Check every wire connection one more time. Try with one memory stick first, might also be your memory doesn't works on default settings

As unlikely as it seems with a new motherboard, it could be a bad CMOS battery. If not that, then it could be the power supply as already suggested by kangaruffian.

I tried to use one RAM stick at a time, reset the jumper and also checked the PSU connector but I still have the same problem. What else can I do to solve this?

I'm using
CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200)
FSP Group (Fortron Source) FX600-GLN ATX12V/ EPS12V 600W All-In-One Power Supply

Does anyone hve any more ideas ? I also tried the out of the case test (using just the mobo, cpu (with heatsink), video card, 1 RAM stick and PSU). I got a screen display, but when I pressed Del to enter Setup the screen went blank. Is it possible that I have a faulty memory stick or sth wrong with my mobo or CPU ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back