Color MFC Laser Printer

pdxmc

HI,

I'm looking for a new Color MFC Laser Printer. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for me (this is for a home office with relatively low print volume) on this topic? There are so many to choose from that I can't decide which is really the best deal.

I know the cheaper ones usually come with absurd consumables prices and many are unreliable at that.

I'd like to find something that can handle 11X17 paper as I do a lot of architectural and technical drawings and that size paper is really convenient for those purposes. But that's not a deal killer.

I would also like to find something priced under $600 if possible.

Thanks so much!

Michael
Woodland, WA

Well, you seem to know what you're in for on the consumables - - the price points are typically high too.
The 11x17 is not easy to find in any printer

Hello and thank you for your input, jobeard. Are you a pilot? Love the picture!!
SIGH; nope - - never had time and money at the same time. Studied aviation since I was 10yrs old :)

Here's what I want ...
220px-Beechcraft_D17S_Staggerwing_CF-GKY_01.JPG

My Dad told me that "airplane" was one of the first words to come out of my mouth as a child. I've had a love affair with them and flying all my life and have been fortunate enough to have owned (and restored a couple) several. I don't own one currently and I miss being in the air more than I can find words to describe.

Anyway, it's cool that you've been studying for all those years! There is nothing wrong with education and many of the older aircraft (like the War Birds) are becoming scarce--if not extinct. I owned a 1929 Cessna AW for awhile. It was the first Cessna that was manufactured for sale and the last that Clyde Cessna himself designed. It was pretty cool!

Anyhow, nice to chat with you and have a nice what remains of the weekend!

Michael

We're near Camarillo which has a CAF hanger- B25, the F8F-1(that's all original), P51-d, the C46 China Doll and of all things a Mitsubishi Zero. There's a coffee shop on the tarmac parking which is PACKED on Sundays.

I applied for the A.F. academy in '62 but failed the physical :sigh:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cool to be near the CAF Museum! I live north of Portland, OR (in Washington). In Vancouver, WA, Pearson Field has a nice museum with many old airplanes and a couple of the single engine WWII military aircraft. One of my friends, Wally Olsen, owned Evergreen Airport and built a replica of a Jenny (which he flew in airshows and was featured on a PBS special while he was in Oshkosh--I miss him every day!). Then there's Evergreen Aviation in McMinnville, OR; they have the Spruce Goose, several more modern fighter aircraft and several other aircraft. I've been in the Spruce Goose though that was when it was down in your neck of the woods. One of my airplanes was displayed in the museum at Tillamook, OR--it's in a blimp hangar!

It sucks that you failed the physical for the AF Academy. I was in the Air Force from 1966 through 1970--I was an Air Traffic Control Radar Technician. They wouldn't let me fly because I was enlisted, of course. I wanted to be a jet pilot in the worst way! So I belonged to on-base air clubs and flew Cessna's and such to keep me occupied.

Have a great day!

Periodically, we get the Blue Angels scheduled here :BIG SASSY GRIN:

Well now I am jealous I've seen those guys and the Thunderbirds at Portland's Rose Festival Airshow, but once is not enough!! I miss real airshows...when I was much younger, folks could get away with much more because the airspace around here was not so crowded and people didn't sue one another just for the fun of it. I once flew under the Interstate Bridge between SW Washington and Portland at an airshow. Now I'd be jailed for such craziness. But, as with most things about airplanes, many people think it's far more dangerous than it really is, in fact. During the Summer, there is LOTS of space under the bridge so if you can keep the airplane at one altitude for a few seconds, it's a no-brainer. You do need to be mindful of the train bridge a ways west of that and be back up where you clear that one. I've always loved aerobatics, but even a simple evening trip up to watch the sunset is a special thing.

Always wanted to get to Oshkosh but never managed it. Did get to Reno airshow multiple times and met 'Pappy' and Chuck Yeager there. Great event and the whole town rolls into it with exhibits and movies in the hotels.

I happened to be working on a radio studio project in Oshkosh several years ago and managed to go see that one. It was pretty amazing. I've never been to the Reno show, but I bet it was cool just to meet Pappy and Chuck--what a couple of pieces of history!!

Back