Hello, I am new to these forums but not new to computers. I would like to know y'alls thoughts on this novel idea. I've decided to wait until January to build a new gaming computer. I would like it to meet the following requirments: Starting in January Around $1,400 (Monitor, case, PSU already purchased) Waiting for the New Technology. Will have SLI eventually. Will have 4 GB of DDR2 (not DD3) Will plan to do some OC (nothing that a Thermalright ultra 120 can't handle) I am aware that there is not such thing as 'future proof' so I wont ask it. But I would like to know if I am doing the right thing and smart thing (hopefully I can have both). I essentially can wait to build my new gaming rig, I have the patience. I just don't want to FUBAR and make the wrong/stupid decisions. The games I would like it to play, frankly is any. If I like the game, I will by it but I don't have games in mind that already is not obvious such as Crysis, COD4, SUPCOM, Starcraft II, any steam/valve games, etc... This is my plan. The new 8800GTS and 780i chipsets will come out in December (hopefully they will have worked things out with the yorkfield/penryn support). and in January the new CD2 come out (the Q6600 replacement Q9300/Q9450 is what I would like to purchase). and the new nvidia highend monster is rumored to come out in feb. Perfect. I will pick up the MOBO and CPU in January as well as the eVGA 8800GTS 2nd rev. and step up to the 9800 in feb. I hope that this works and that there are no issues. Let me know what would you do in my position? What should I do differently? Am I over thinking it? My current case is P182 GMB, my PSU is OCZ gameXstream 700W, and my monitor is samsung 226BW which has a resolution of 1680 x 1050. I also have windows Vista Business 64-bit and XP64. Thank you in advance.