Commodore unveils Amiga Mini PC with i7-2700K, Blu-ray

Matthew

Steadfast in its mission to deliver retro machines, Commodore USA has unveiled a modern take on the Amiga. Called the "Amiga Mini," the system is compact enough to serve as…

Read the whole story

G

Exorbitantly priced is right, but I'd still love to have 1. Twould be a fun toy indeed.

Tekkaraiden

That's probably the nicest mini itx case I've seen, very clean lines. It's unfortunate where they put the Amiga logo, would have looked better under the power button.

I'm surprised a 120watt supply is able to run the speced system, I would have thought it required more power.

G

Please stop promoting these fake so called Amiga's... :-(

They are not Amiga's and are nothing more than overpriced off the shelf PC parts, in a non custom case that can be purchased on eBay, running a free Amiga emulator on a free OS (Linux) being labelled by CUSA as a "new" OS called "Vision"...

Not to mention CUSA are a company not to be trusted after all their fake photos they have posted over the past two years...

Tekkaraiden

Guest said:
Please stop promoting these fake so called Amiga's... :-(

They are not Amiga's and are nothing more than overpriced off the shelf PC parts, in a non custom case that can be purchased on eBay, running a free Amiga emulator on a free OS (Linux) being labelled by CUSA as a "new" OS called "Vision"...

Not to mention CUSA are a company not to be trusted after all their fake photos they have posted over the past two years...
Would you be able to supply a link to this exact design of case? I've been looking on ebay for months with no luck.

madboyv1

Agreed on Matt's Mac Mini sentiments, at least on a hardware level. I love me some itx goodness, but if I'm going to go THAT small, might as well go with the Mac Mini. *Shrug*

edit: or maybe work with a Norcotek ITX-7 (link = http://www.norcotek.com/ITX-7.php) and replace the 60w power supply with a higher rated PicoPSU.

Burty117

Yeah, that case is pretty awesome, just a shame its soo much.

even £50 seems a bit steep but swallable for that size, but £80?!

oooww, well, it is a nice case after all :)

G

It's the Streacom F1C Chassis

http://www.streacom.com/products/f1c-chassis/