Compatibility check/recommendations for my first build, anyone?

ENDZYM3

I'll use it primarily for gaming and music production, but for now, let's stick to the gaming part.

CASE: Cooler Master HAF 922
MOBO: ASUS M4A89GTD
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 970
GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin
PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5

Monitor: ASUS VH197D Black 18.5"
Keyboard: Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4

I already have a decent mouse that I use with my lappy.

Are these compatible?
I checked already, and everything seemed to be in place, but I'm also a bit of a n00b, so I could be way off here.
And lastly, any recommendations/part swaps for a cheaper build while also maintaining a comparable level of power?

That PSU is quite a bit of overkill, unless you're considering multiple video cards in the future.

An 18.5" monitor would make me so very, very unhappy. I had two 19" wide screens and got rid of them both almost immediately. 22" is about the sweet spot for the 1680 x 1050 computer 16:10 standard, and you should bump up to 23" if you're going to get a 1920 x 1080P 16:9 ratio panel. There just isn't enough screen height in the smaller panels.

I tried plugging a desktop mouse into my lappy and it didn't work. Don't know if the reverse is true. I didn't try very hard though. Try it first.

You should have enough posts to link your parts choices. Being able to click to the product pages helps us a bunch.

I picked an 18.5" to keep the price down, and because I think my 15 inch laptop is rather decent.
My friend has a 22 inch monitor, and to me, it's overkill. I don't need anything excessive.

What wattage should I go for with my PSU then?

Okay, so captaincranky mentioned that the PSU was overkill, so I went with a 650W instead.
But I want to overclock my rig as much as possible. Doesn't that mean that I'll need more power?

Back