Computer freezes and won't start Dell XPS 410

Hello, I have a dell xps 410 that randomly freezes and I have to manually shut the computer down then it won't load windows back up, when I hit the power button I hear the fans run and the light flashes green but it will not boot up right away I have to wait about 5 mins then it will boot up and I can use it for awhile before it freezes again, I have tried running memory test but they require restart and since the computer will not restart right away they can't finish is there anything else I can try?

Yes, a temperature test.

It sounds like perhaps your computer is overheating. When you can get back into Windows, try running Speedfan: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Open up the side of your case, and take a peek inside. Is there much dust? If so, clean it our with a can of compressed air. Avoid using a vacuum cleaner, as it can fry the electronics with static electricity.

I checked the inside before posting there was some dust which i cleaned out already but it wasn't a lot, I went the speedfan site and the numbers that are shown are GPU is 85C, core0 is 48C, Core1 is 48C.

I was able to test the memory and it came back fine could the freezing and the start up issues be 2 separate problems?

Back